Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjusting cooking time help needed

Options
  • 10-04-2013 3:18pm

Hi guys,

I'm making this cake for a friend: http://titlisbusykitchen.com/archives/banoffee-cake

The recipe says I should split the mixture into two separate 8" tins and cook at 170 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

But instead of 8" tins, I'm using one 9 and 1/2 " tin, and cutting it in half once it's cool.

Any ideas how I should change the temperature/cooking time for this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would say add another 10-15 minutes and then insert a metal skewer into the cake, if it comes out clean it's done, if it doesn't give it another 10 minutes or so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd drop the temperature to 160 (without fans, if you have the option to turn them off on your oven) and give it an hour at least. At the hour mark, I'd start checking it every 10 minutes.

Is your tin very deep? Because if it's not, your mixture probably won't fit in a single tin.

Thanks guys. The tins are 7cm deep. Should be enough?

Advertisement