Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath County Council - Drivers License Renewal

Options
  • 10-04-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for a renewed drivers licence to be issued ?
    I submitted the application on March 20th and to date I have not heard anything from MCC, I wondering if it was even received, its impossible to contact them they dont answer phones or reply to emails. Calling into the Navan Office would not be option.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

Took me a week last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

It took 3 weeks for me and 4 weeks for my wife (in the post)

ah well after reading todays Indo, with the amount of sick days the public service take, we should be grateful to get the licence renewed at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

ljcoolk wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for a renewed drivers licence to be issued ?
    I submitted the application on March 20th and to date I have not heard anything from MCC, I wondering if it was even received, its impossible to contact them they dont answer phones or reply to emails. Calling into the Navan Office would not be option.

Thanks

I contacted them a few weeks ago regarding a Motor Tax query and they replied to me the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Left in an application on March 08th, received it April 17th.

• Advertisement

well we are living in a society where a pizza can get to your house quicker than the gardai!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I was told last week that it is taking between 5 - 7 weeks and that they might be closing for 2 days at the end of April to try clear the back log. They say they have been bombarded with applications for the past few months and this has led to such a long back log.

why bombarded?..or just an excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I've been waiting for 5 weeks now. Don't really understand the logistics of it, so can't comment on their performance.
    Still, the time frame is excessive.

well the backlog aint from their efforts with planning application overload!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

I eventually got a call from the council because they are issuing the card licenses the paper has been done away with, there is a backlog they are currently approx 5 weeks behind on applications !

I eventually got a call from the council because the are issuing the card licenses the paper has been done away with, there is a backlog they are currently approx 5 weeks behind on applications !

But you've been waiting over a month now. Did they tell you roughly how long yours would be?

Prodigious wrote: »
    But you've been waiting over a month now. Did they tell you roughly how long yours would be?

They said to expect it in the post the first week in May, so now I play the waiting game

They said to expect it in the post the first week in May, so now I play the waiting game

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

Tell me about they knew the new system was being implemented, Wouldnt you think they've have put measures in place to avoid a backlog !

Found this online

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Notice.pdf

2 to 3 week backlog my backside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

You can avoid all this by applying for your licenses early (correct me if i am wrong, but up to 6 months early) before your current license expiry date.

While im not one to defend any county council office, i think a time frame of a month is not too long a time to wait. I have ties with a local charity here in Meath and we have been waiting about 3 years now for grant funding... now that is a time frame to be pissed off at.

Just my two cents... or maybe it is because its a Monday.

Access wrote: »
    You can avoid all this by applying for your licenses early (correct me if i am wrong, but up to 6 months early) before your current license expiry date.

While im not one to defend any county council office, i think a time frame of a month is not too long a time to wait. I have ties with a local charity here in Meath and we have been waiting about 3 years now for grant funding... now that is a time frame to be pissed off at.

Just my two cents... or maybe it is because its a Monday.

Edited your original post I see probably for the best !

Mine came today. Learner permit that is. I applied on the 27th of March.

Edited your original post I see probably for the best !

Yep... you should of seen the things i called you. Didnt want to get banned so i said i had better edit it. ;)

Oh I seen the unedited cut, good aul boards sends email notifications, ill put it down to the dreaded Monday morning

• Advertisement

Oh I seen the unedited cut, good aul boards sends email notifications, ill put it down to the dreaded Monday morning

You can put it down to whatever you want.

Mine came today. Learner permit that is. I applied on the 27th of March.

Got mine today :)

Advertisement