Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Word Product Key

Options
  • 10-04-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Could anyone give me a product key for Microsoft Word, you would be helping a stressed leaving cert student thats badly stuck, thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

I doubt you will get one here, but you might if you were to google it you may find something

Alternatively you could always try use open office, just as good

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Would openoffice.org not be suitable for your needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I have tried open office but I have done other docents on Word and I ll be using the documents I plan on doing in school on word .. Plus I find open office doesnt run great on by ****ty notebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I find open office doesnt run great on by ****ty notebook

Try the free version of Softmaker Office. Much easier on system resources and blistering fast.

Just a question, will word documents work on open office or softmaker office? Thanks for he help lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Just a question, will word documents work on open office or softmaker office? Thanks for he help lads.

Open office yes, the other one I don't know.

Word is free to use online if you have a windows live email account.

Just a question, will word documents work on open office or softmaker office?

Yes, but... ;)

Simple documents are by and large compatible, issues may arise when it's getting more complicated, i.e. when tables, macros, etc are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Open office will open .doc and .docx(microsoft word documents) no problem, and you can also choose to save documents in these formats if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

You could try the Microsoft student site. If your school / university has a premium subscription then you will be able to download office (I have office 2007 available in my subscription - the caveat here is I am living in the UK but there is no reason that the same type of offer is not available in Ireland).

https://www.dreamspark.com/Default.aspx

Thanks for he help lads, using Open Office at the moment, seems fine as the files are not that complicated, the reason I had issues with it before was because the files were much more complicated, so alls good so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

whats the problem with using an Office trial when you're in a pinch?

Also I dont know if it applies to EU but University students are being offered 3 months free Office 365 University atm from Office.com

Overheal wrote: »
    whats the problem with using an Office trial when you're in a pinch?

Also I dont know if it applies to EU but University students are being offered 3 months free Office 365 University atm from Office.com

My Word trial had expired

using Open Office at the moment

What happened to "open office doesnt run great on by ****ty notebook"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Could you use the word web app? Works fine for me, I don't think I pay for it.
    There's also Libre office as well.

Torqay wrote: »
    What happened to "open office doesnt run great on by ****ty notebook"? :D

It was going great till I tried copying photos and the thing went apesh1te

Advertisement