Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brighten up naturally red hair

• 10-04-2013 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

I used to have quite red hair, but in recent years it has become much darker and is now auburn. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of the best way to brighten the colour? Should I get highlights? If so, what shade? Or should I just dye it all...? Many thanks for any help!

P.S. Attached is a pic to give an idea of my current colour
    c_zps314f83f2.png

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My own hair is similar to yours and I went to the hairdresser looking for a lift in it. She suggested high and low lights, so I got some coppery tones as well as some honey blonde. It wasn't a crazy difference but it definitely made my hair look more full and bright. I'd never had highlights before so she didn't want to go too mad. Next time I'm going to go blonder and redder with the tones :D

I brought this pic for reference

TomFord-BlackOrchid.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Your hair looks to be in fabulous condition, with a gorgeous rich colour. I'd be slow to highlight it but that's just my opinion, and I'm not a hairdresser or anything remotely beauty connected!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hairdressers have often talked me out of colouring because my hair is a nice natural colour (or so they tell me!), but I was so bored with it last time! I was like take my money and make it pretty!! :p She recommended highlights over the full colour to just give the lift, rather than a colour change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Many thanks for all the tips! Did anyone have any luck with any natural remedies or particular products? I've heard some really odd advice like soaking it in herbal tea or cranberry juice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭ashes79

I got a class colour depositing shampoo on the website everything for redheads, the shampoo and conditioner were about 38 euro including postage. Its called colour revive shade is Copper Flame. Might be worth a try? My naturally red hair needed help too but it had gone pale with age not darker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

try the revlon colour bombs. The deep chestnut shade or some of the others would do a nice job of bringing up the red. You just apply them for a few minutes and wash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

try the revlon colour bombs. The deep chestnut shade or some of the others would do a nice job of bringing up the red. You just apply them for a few minutes and wash out.

These only work on died hair. I used these when my hair was coloured a pinky red and was told by hairdresser they dont cover virgin hair and they didnt when my roots came back.

Advertisement