Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discrimination

• 10-04-2013 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm just wondering how would I go about reporting discrimination. It has been occurring at a toddler group which has been closed and reopened to allow only a select few who have been friends for years.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Talk to a solicitor or the gardaí if you can't afford a solicitor. If the issue is that you were excluded from the newly reopened group you have no case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Lola18 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm just wondering how would I go about reporting discrimination. It has been occurring at a toddler group which has been closed and reopened to allow only a select few who have been friends for years.

Is that really discrimination? Are they not entitled to decide who is in their "group"? Is this not like a group of friends getting together? Can they not decide who to invite? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Is that really discrimination? Are they not entitled to decide who is in their "group"? Is this not like a group of friends getting together? Can they not decide who to invite? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

It's actually a parent and toddler group which was open to the public, then a couple of the mums decided they didn't want dads there. It's in a community room in a shopping centre

Unless its a company they have a right to decide who they want there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Who actually gets to decided who can and can't go though if that's the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

It's actually a parent and toddler group which was open to the public, then a couple of the mums decided they didn't want dads there. It's in a community room in a shopping centre

so its gender based discrimination?

Who actually gets to decided who can and can't go though if that's the case?

Nobody, anyone can tell anyone to stay away from them for any reason.

Advertisement