Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro 100mb

• 10-04-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Took this from www.digiweb.co.uk/?page_id=56
    It claims that metro 100mb is on trial in ireland.
    Any idea how much truth is in this.

Fixed Wireless Solutions
    We hold a unique asset, the UK and Ireland’s national wireless licence for the delivery of Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), designed to provide broadband and data solutions to residential and business users in rural and urban areas. Digiweb has accumulated a unique set of human and technical resources running wireless solutions for over 10 years.

KEY FACTS

Largest FWA network in Ireland
    Deployment of this service since 2003
    Largest Wireless DOCSIS deployment worldwide
    10.5 GHz & 3.5 GHz Regional Licence in Ireland
    10.5 GHz National Licence in United Kingdom
    10.5 GHz Network already in place in Belfast
    Important scope for Improvement with DOCSIS 3.0
    Digiweb is present at every step of the value chain: radio planning, site build, provisioning, maintenance, NOC, billing etc.
    BENEFITS

No need for phone lines
    Ideal for Primary or Back-up solutions
    Proven Turnkey Solution: Simple to install by Value Added Resellers
    Scalable and affordable
    FEATURES

DL10 broadband wireless system
    Deployed using rates up to 30Mb with 100Mb on beta trial in Ireland, ready for triple play

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Perfectly true. Metro is very fast and comes with very low latency times (pings) . Metro cannot be faulted in any way save for the somewhat stingy caps....it ain't for bandwidth hogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Cork981

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Perfectly true. Metro is very fast and comes with very low latency times (pings) . Metro cannot be faulted in any way save for the somewhat stingy caps....it ain't for bandwidth hogs.

Being with digiweb for a few months now getting 27-28mb and a constant 1mb upload.

Never had any trouble with the cap.

There's 3 of us using it and rarely hit 70gb.

How long before 100mb would be released or am I better off going with FTTC next month; I'm about 600m from my cab:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Hmm, I'm tempted by this......

Think I'd survive with 100 Gigs.

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro

Ah good old dodgyweb.

Do they still count upload and download and add the two for total bandwidth ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Cork981

Ah good old dodgyweb.

Ya they do.

• Advertisement

God they are complete muppets !

One thing I found with their metro as with most wireless was the speeds were not consistent, even though you may get 5mb the average was calculated at 2.5 mb at the time. The speeds were constantly up and down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

God they are complete muppets !

One thing I found with their metro as with most wireless was the speeds were not consistent, even though you may get 5mb the average was calculated at 2.5 mb at the time. The speeds were constantly up and down.

Hi Mad_Lad

I totally agree with you. While speedtest.net shows 28-29Mb download and .97Mb upload for me the true speeds are determined by the transfer rate multiplied by 8. The max download/transfer rate I get when downloading a file is 1.6Mb, which equates to under 13Mb.

If and when they introduce the 100MB lets hope the transfer rates gets sorted too.

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi Mad_Lad

I totally agree with you. While speedtest.net shows 28-29Mb download and .97Mb upload for me the true speeds are determined by the transfer rate multiplied by 8. The max download/transfer rate I get when downloading a file is 1.6Mb, which equates to under 13Mb.

If and when they introduce the 100MB lets hope the transfer rates gets sorted too.

Yep they can see you peak at say 20 mb and tell you that you can get 20 mb.

At least with DSL I pay for 7 meg but I get a continuous 6.2 mb/s, essential for netflex and Apple TV is a quality of service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ah good old dodgyweb.

Most ISP's do that.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Most ISP's do that.

Never been with one that did ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement