Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry Bread Recipe Please

Options
  • 10-04-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

I had curry bread in a restaurant once absolutly georgeous anybody have a recipe or link please...I have googled it but came up balnk. I would prefer a recipe someone has tried. Ta. I had it years ago in Inchydoney as a roll to go with soup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

I think the fact that you googled it and came up blank means that it does not exist and was simply a "made-up" bread by the restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Perhaps they added some Indian spices to the flour when making the bread? Garam Masala maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Get any soda bread recipe (flour,baking powder,butter,salt,sugar,water/milk) and just add your curry powders to it.
    I use a mixture of ground coriander,cumin,turmeric,carraway,black pepper and sometime throw in some other bits (nutmeg,cinnamon etc.).

Or as someone said, just use a pre-mixed garam masala which is pretty much the same thing.
    This would also work equally well with any yeast or bread-maker recipe. Just lash in your extra curry spices to the flour.

If you want something different (and quick) throw some flour in a bowl with your mix of spices. Add an egg and whisk well with a fork. Add extra flour or milk as needed to get a decent consistency. Pour onto a hot pan (drizzled with oil/butter) and basically fry up your bread that way. Kinda like a thick spicy pancake, but it's tasty and quick.

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm guessing it wasn't japanese curry bread (kare-pan) if you had it with soup?

http://justhungry.com/japanese-curry-bread-kare-pan

(looks tasty though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Definitely going to try that and the soup looks fab thanks april I wonder what. AP flour is..... Going to try just regular stuff have to say the colour of that bread looks exactly like the one that I had

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Ap flour is all purpose flour so ordinary plain flour

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Both the bread and soup sound delicious. I really like that blog

Both the bread and soup sound delicious. I really like that blog
    I'm writing out my shopping list as we speak.... Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmmm, was it ordinary bread shape or a curry Pinwheel?

• Advertisement

Ordinary bread roll shape

Advertisement