Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The May CAO Change of mind

Options
  • 10-04-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Howdy all, was wondering if anyone knew what is up with the Change of mind option coming up in may? I was hoping to add a few courses to my application and not change the order or anything but I was wondering if anyone knew what restrictions were in place due to my being a Mature student.

I want to keep the order of my first two choices but will adding in new courses mess up my application? Applying for arts mostly but I wanna add two more unis. UCC is my first choice and I am hoping I get it but I would like to add a few more courses and unis as a safety net so to speak.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Could be wrong but I would think the colleges would view adding a course as a late application and therefore might not actually accept it.

I did a late application last year and there were a list of colleges who didn't take late applications at all - or on certain courses.

Just at a guess now but their websites will tell you if they take late applications if that is the way they'd view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Ahright, well will add them anyways I spose when the change becomes available. Hopefully as long as I don't change the order of my first two or three courses it won't affect my chances on getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You need to check with the individual colleges that there is late application for mature students to the new courses you want to add to your form.
    Some may have additional application and assessment procedures that you may have missed, (MSAP for some Arts courses for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

I have the MSAP done thankfully so I should be able to apply to other courses in UCC UCD and NUIG without too much hassle from the looks of it, will make some calls to confirm though. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

Slightly different question, as a mature student is it possible to use your change of mind to swap around; for example your first and second choice of degree? If they are with different colleges then the colleges won't know any different and forward their offers to CAO regardless. Is this correct?

I am asking as I got offered my second choice over the phone today (Yay!) and am seriously considering taking up the offer provided that is possible through the CAO system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You can change the order of your course choices up to 1st of July. However you might not be able to introduce new courses where restricted application exists. But if you are just re-ordering your existing choices there's no problem. Details are on page 18 of the CAO handbook.

Advertisement