Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up a camera to broadcast onto a website and keep images recorded

Options
  • 10-04-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

How can I set up a camera to broadcast live onto a webpage . I also want data that is recorded to be saved onto a cloud storage if possible.

Looking for the cheapest and best way to do this.
    Or if this cant be done i need a camera that I can use to record lot of hours of recording.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Check out yawcam, that might be able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Do you want to use a webcam? Is it still pictures? Also would you be hosting the website yourself or using a free service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

If you are hosting the easiest way would be to have the webcam take a photo at a set interval. Have this output to google drive or something similar, that way it's back up to the cloud. You could then write a script to ftp the newest picture to your hosted site at a set interval. Would cost about a little over a fiver a month to get your own site set up.

Advertisement