Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cww cert

Options
  • 10-04-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all, know this is probably covered before but need to tax van, received the notice with no pin also states crw cert due march 2013. Got test last year and eventhough for some reason the idiots in rsa only put a year on cert told its valid for 2. Can someone clarify this? Also what do i need to bring to get van taxed? Such a damn inefficent system that cant do online. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

vinniem wrote: »
    Hi all, know this is probably covered before but need to tax van, received the notice with no pin also states crw cert due march 2013. Got test last year and eventhough for some reason the idiots in rsa only put a year on cert told its valid for 2. Can someone clarify this? Also what do i need to bring to get van taxed? Such a damn inefficent system that cant do online. Thanks

If your vehicle was less than ten years old last year when the pass statement was issued you are entitled to a two year CRW.
    In the early days of the new regulation tax offices were only able to issue one year certs, but will now exchange them for a two year cert, dated from when the test was passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

niloc1951 wrote: »
    If your vehicle was less than ten years old last year when the pass statement was issued you are entitled to a two year CRW.
    In the early days of the new regulation tax offices were only able to issue one year certs, but will now exchange them for a two year cert, dated from when the test was passed.

Thanks niloc1951, yeah got it tested fairly soon after new regs came in last year. Im assuming mto wont try get more money outta me to exchange for 2 year cert...as currently €13 :-( Thanks

Thanks niloc1951, yeah got it tested fairly soon after new regs came in last year. Im assuming mto wont try get more money outta me to exchange for 2 year cert...as currently €13 :-( Thanks

€13, I assume your camper is over 3,500kg GVW. Well the good news is that not only are you entitled to a two year cert, you are also entitled to a €7 refund as the price of the cert is, by law, €6 irrespective of GVW for all motor caravans :D

In fact, anybody who was charged €13 in the early days of the new regulations, the admin changes lagged behind the implementation date, is entitled to the refund.

I got my refund, in cash over the counter at my local motor tax office, when I exchanged the one year cert which was issued under the 'old' admin procedures for the two year one after the admin caught up with the new law in May last year.

See HERE

€13, I assume your camper is over 3,500kg GVW. Well the good news is that not only are you entitled to a two year cert, you are also entitled to a €7 refund as the price of the cert is, by law, €6 irrespective of GVW for all motor caravans :D

In fact, anybody who was charged €13 in the early days of the new regulations, the admin changes lagged behind the implementation date, is entitled to the refund.

I got my refund, in cash over the counter at my local motor tax office, when I exchanged the one year cert which was issued under the 'old' admin procedures for the two year one after the admin caught up with the new law in May last year.

See HERE

Great thanks Niloc1951, god so annoying tho that mto cant get simple things right as on back of tax renewal form says crw cert > 3500kg is €13... But sur i should have to pay nothing anyway as they should just issue a cert for another year foc i hope :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

What is necessary to change one year cert for a 2 year cert. I bought my van in Nov 2012 and have a one year cert, expired in March 2013, but the test date on it is March 2012. Van is a 04 so this should have been a 2 year cert. Do I just bring the cert to the motor tax office and get it change or is there some other system? I only have the cert with date of test on it and no other evidence of when test was done.

• Advertisement

darkvalley wrote: »
    What is necessary to change one year cert for a 2 year cert. I bought my van in Nov 2012 and have a one year cert, expired in March 2013, but the test date on it is March 2012. Van is a 04 so this should have been a 2 year cert. Do I just bring the cert to the motor tax office and get it change or is there some other system? I only have the cert with date of test on it and no other evidence of when test was done.

Hi darkvalley, well im going to just bring current crw cert with me when taxing, it expired march 1st 2013 but should be March 2014. I'm assuming they will just replace for two year cert foc, would not be sending it in the post.

Great thanks Niloc1951, god so annoying tho that mto cant get simple things right as on back of tax renewal form says crw cert > 3500kg is €13... But sur i should have to pay nothing anyway as they should just issue a cert for another year foc i hope :-)

That's for commercial vehicles, for motor caravans the cost is €6 irrespective of weight.

darkvalley wrote: »

Cert should be March 2014 and the tax office should exchange it for a 2014 free of charge.

That's for commercial vehicles, for motor caravans the cost is €6 irrespective of weight.

Ah ok, but then according to their own documentation there is no class for motorcaravan, mentions gvws for goods vehicles, buses, ambulances etc..no where is campers mentioned. Typical incompetent service. Thanks

Ah ok, but then according to their own documentation there is no class for motorcaravan, mentions gvws for goods vehicles, buses, ambulances etc..no where is campers mentioned. Typical incompetent service. Thanks

Would you believe they are thinking of the planet and the countries budget deficit by using up the old stationery................................not. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Would you believe they are thinking of the planet and the countries budget deficit by using up the old stationery................................not. :rolleyes:

An old paper form isn't a sign of incompetent service its when you go to the office and they have no clue so they call head office who have no clue and you have to take time off work to go back a few days later when they've worked it out :p

I'd rather they spent the money training staff or filling potholes than redesigning and reprinting forms everytime there was a change that affected 0.5% of the population. Theres an awful lot of forms covering an awful lot of areas and an awful lot of sheisters making an awful lot of changes and new legislation.

paddyp wrote: »
    An old paper form isn't a sign of incompetent service its when you go to the office and they have no clue so they call head office who have no clue and you have to take time off work to go back a few days later when they've worked it out :p

I'd rather they spent the money training staff or filling potholes than redesigning and reprinting forms everytime there was a change that affected 0.5% of the population. Theres an awful lot of forms covering an awful lot of areas and an awful lot of sheisters making an awful lot of changes and new legislation.

Agree with some of what you said, but these are the people that were looking for us to get our vans tested (which is fair enough) But at least get the basics right for god sake, like they introduced it last March when their systems were not even ready, they are taking money off us and can't get the paperwork right...not good enough. :-)

Advertisement