Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic science course UK

Options
  • 10-04-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking for your help. Any information or advice would be greatly
    appreciated.
    I am intrested in doing a Paramedic science course in 2014 in the uk.
    I'm 27 and married with 3 kids. My problem is i dont
    meet all of the requirements for the course. What i do have is
    Emergency First Responder Cert (EFR), Emergency Medical Technician
    (EMT) fetac level 5, Full clean licience B,C & D at present, i am also a member of the irish civil defence, and also do voluntary work with the irish wheel chair association. What i dont have is an irish leaving
    cert. Does that restrict me from being able to apply to uni?
    if so what do you advise in order for me to be eligiable for this
    course? I know most of them look for a leaving cert but if there is any way around this please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BULLETS765

i am 99% sure that ''your' entry requirements will not require a leaving cert as you are a mature student,,
    #
    are you thinking of swansea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

appreciated.
    (EMT) fetac level 5, Full clean licience B,C & D at present, i am also a member of the irish civil defence, and also do voluntary work with the irish wheel chair association. What i dont have is an irish leaving
    course? I know most of them look for a leaving cert but if there is any way around this please let me know

Would you consider holding off for one year and apply for this course?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057130040

• Registered Users Posts: 16 choccy

Did you think of doing the bridging course with medical and then having the IHCD to do the 9 month para course in Birmingham Uni?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

choccy wrote: »
    Did you think of doing the bridging course with medical and then having the IHCD to do the 9 month para course in Birmingham Uni?

Do you have a link to the Birmingham uni program? I can only see one that you need to be employed in a Paramedic Trainee role before application can be made?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Clodz2010

appreciated.

Hey guys,
    Can anyone help on advice in the UK paramedic science? Anybody know the best recommended university?

Is the trust route better?
    Thanks everyone be very greatful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

My brother is graduating as a paramedic from Swansea in January, seems pretty happy with it. Lots of placement and a tough two years but he said its all worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Clodz2010

diograis wrote: »
    My brother is graduating as a paramedic from Swansea in January, seems pretty happy with it. Lots of placement and a tough two years but he said its all worth it in the end

Awh thank you very much great to get feedback! From Ireland not to sure which is best to go 2!!

Advertisement