Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DCN Blood Drive Thread

Options
  • 10-04-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I was giving blood yesterday and one of the staff was saying stocks are way down
    The clinic is in balbriggan today and skerries tomorrow
    If you can get along please do do its a worthy cause

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

wife just home from her first visit.

Would love to give it myself but unfortunately I cant

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

It is such a good thing to do, I used to give blood years ago but after spending a few years in London in the early 1990s I can't any more :(. I know how important it is, my dad has had heaps of transfusions over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is such a good thing to do, I used to give blood years ago but after spending a few years in London in the early 1990s I can't any more :(.

Same here. It annoys the hell out of me. I was well on my way to getting a silver Pelican pin before I left for the UK & when I came back - "Sorry bud, you may have eaten a bit of mad cow - no thanks!"

I'd strongly encourage anyone lucky enough to be able to give blood to go & donate, & do it regularly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Had 200+ blood/plasma/platelet donations in the UK and have not eaten meat in 45 years, but the crazy rules in this country mean they don't want my blood. I would still encourage those who are able to donate though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Beasty wrote: »
    have not eaten meat in 45 years

I knew there was something shifty about you. :pac:

(no gears jokes!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Well to everyone that Donated, can I say a big huge Thank you.

21 years ago, August 1992 ,I received 5 transfusions which saved my life.
    Five people took the time to find parking, a babysitter, miss a meeting , what ever was happening in their life's they made the effort to donate and because of them I'm here.

My kids have a mammy, my husband a wife and my Mam and Dad a daughter.

I often feel like going in and thanking each and every donor personally but for know this will do.:o
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Perhaps a "Blood Drive in NCD" thread wouldn't go amiss, letting people know when and where they are looking for donations. I keep meaning to do it but always miss the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If it is acceptable to the OP - I can rename the thread & we can make this this DCN Blood Drive thread.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I cant see there being an issue with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Yeah thats a great idea
    Change it all you want mods

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Done. Great idea tHB :)

Advertisement