Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto chocolate bar?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get these? My wife is wrecking my head about getting one for her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

murphym7 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get these? My wife is wrecking my head about getting one for her.

I think they are so rare,,if people did find them they may not share that information. :D

Personally,,I have not seen them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

according to a post in the sweets forum, they can only be gotten at tayto park at the moment. And they are milk chocolate flavour with the wrapper being similar to the cheese and onion flavour crisps.

Think the Tayto FB page was their source. too lazy to link to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

EyeSight wrote: »
    according to a post in the sweets forum, they can only be gotten at tayto park at the moment. And they are milk chocolate flavour with the wrapper being similar to the cheese and onion flavour crisps.

Think the Tayto FB page was their source. too lazy to link to the thread
    No they are available in spars shops got one likerick 2day don't no bout cork but they are choclate with tayto pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Know a chap who works for them in Limerick and SPAR are the only places they are supplying them to currently. The can't keep them in the shops apparently. He can't even get them for himself...

Think it maybe Butlers that are involved in the chocolate part...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Denise2012

Texaco in bandon has them the one with the spar shop on the clonakilty road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Spar by the Briar Rose, but you didn't hear from me. And they fairly tiny for €1 each, around the size of an animal bar.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

I tried Easons, Dunnes, Tesco, Centa, Gala,Topaz for themtoday and I was told that musgraves were out of them and the shops that had them sold out of them in know time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

will.i.am wrote: »
    I tried Easons, Dunnes, Tesco, Centa, Gala,Topaz for themtoday and I was told that musgraves were out of them and the shops that had them sold out of them in know time.

Saw them today. Spar by the bus station. Next to the car entrance to merchants quay , Parnell place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Thanks for the replies, I will check out the Brior ont he way home today so, an excuse for a pint at the very least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Spar will be the only shop selling them for the first few weeks xue to an agreement with tayto. After that they will be available everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 rebelfff

Mmmm.... chocolate and taytos! Washed down with a mineral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Apparently the centra on Grand Parade has them. Or they did yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

So your married then!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

rebelfff wrote: »
    Mmmm.... chocolate and taytos! Washed down with a mineral.

Milk

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Well any update on Tayto Bar watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I think they are all sold out in the Spar shops. I tried the Spar in Douglas, said they are sold out but getting them in. Same with Spar in Mount Oval, they are trying to get them back in stock for customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

My daughter won one of these off Facebook , it came yesterday in a huge envelope and was only 35 grams , still laughing, jury is out on the flavour, salty chocolate , they will be in most stores from the end of April, not sure if the offer is still available , it was on Deric Hartigans page. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Someone on gumtree has tayto bars for sale for 8 euro!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭blade1

ofcork wrote: »
    Someone on gumtree has tayto bars for sale for 8 euro!!!
    Ah Stop haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seriously ad is still up oh and 50c postage!

• Advertisement

haha that's gas... are they really that good..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I got one in the shop near me for €1 yesterday.
    Everyone I know that had one before me told me they were rotten.
    I thought it was ok but nothing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

i got one yesterday at the Amber garage in youghal , tiny lttle bar for 99 cent, kids said they were shocking, dont waste your money

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is the tayto bar Ireland's answer to the Scottish deep fried mars bar?!?

I'm holding out for bacon and cabbage flavoured emerald toffees...

If anyone is looking for them they have them in the Ballintemple Food Store.. Got one at lunch cant say I was impressed, the first bite reminds me of a golden crisp, but the chocolate isn't the nicest.. taste like the small smarties chocolate. You don't get a major taste of cheese and onion, after a while the little pieces turn into soft little pieces of tayto..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cadburys and Tayto should just come together and bring out chocolate covered tayto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

leahyl wrote: »
    Cadburys and Tayto should just come together and bring out chocolate covered tayto :D

Dark chocolate ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

People are actually buying these on adverts for €5

Seriously, a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar only costs €2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭RoisinRoseDubh

Any sign of the Tayto chocolate bar in Cork (especially the city or the north side) or is it sold out? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

To be honest,,the panic is over..

I couldn't find them anywhere,,so gave up looking..

It's back to the normal bar of chocolate and bag of Taytos for Me..Lots more in it this way.. :D

Advertisement