Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scéim Cónaithe at UCD

Options
  • 10-04-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I was just wondering, has anyone, especially Leaving Cert students, applied for the Scéim Cónaithe run by UCD's Bord na Gaeilge and heard anything back from it? I sent my form off over a month ago and have heard absolutely nothing back since, and the closing date is next week, so I'm starting to think I should get in contact with them, or possibly send off another form. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Never mind, I emailed Bord na Gaeilge (probably should have done that before posting this) and they said they haven't gotten in contact with anyone yet, they'll be looking at the applicant forms next week and will make a shortlist. You'll be notified 6 weeks beforehand if you have an interview. Mods, feel free to close the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

I've applied, got an e-mail confirming they had gotten my application and they'd let the shortlisted people know by the 18th May! Are you confident of getting it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I've applied for the Scéim before, it's usually tough enough to get in, there's usually a fair bit of interest. The year I applied, there were over 100 applications for 12 places. Be prepared, it's not an oral though, don't expect it to be marked like one. If you can bring something to the Scéim, let them know, otherwise you're wasting your trip to Dublin.

That said, the house have the absolute craic like, so definitely go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I got a confirmation email too, it's all good :D I'm not confident at all of getting it, but I genuinely do have a great interest in Irish and would love to get it, but there's far better people out there than me!

Advertisement