Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing Science course comparison?

• 10-04-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to do a part time honours degree in computer science. Im wondering how good this is in comparison to other computing degrees such as in the national college of ireland?

I am wondering if this would be one of the better courses or are there any other places I should consider?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

I would just go to some place like ITB if I was you Griffith computer courses are not good unless you want to do a lot of self study. I would recommend getting to grips with Java, PHP + HTML and probably reading the book code(microsoft ) before doing CS . The drop out rates are high you should know what your getting into

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GCDGrad

True,
    The drop out rates are high as there are no proper support structure in place.
    You pay the fees and you are on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

It really is a shame because they have a great campus and some lovely people working in the faculty. They should make first year a Monday to Friday 9-6 thing where you are coding for 5 hours a day and doing theory for another few hours then the next 3 years is much more easy but in my class I would say half would not be able for this

Advertisement