Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a nice restaurant for 50th?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

My husband is turning the big 50 soon and we are heading to Galway City for a nice break away. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice restaurant we could go for a nice meal. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Kai Sea Road .
    Jess murphy used to work in bar 8 on the docks (class spot at the time).
    Now has her own place and very good and need to book in advance !
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186609-d2216698-Reviews-Kai-Galway_County_Galway_Western_Ireland.html

also recommended to me
    somewhere to have lunch The kitchen at the galway museum
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186609-d2244255-Reviews-The_Kitchen-Galway_County_Galway_Western_Ireland.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think you'll get lots more helpful replies here.
    Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

This subject came up a while ago.

link to other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Done to death here lately, just search in the search box above or im sure the mods will merge it with one of the other ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

If ye are in to Chinese food the Asian Tea House is fantastic. Its not your typical Chinese takeaway, much classier and high quality food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Aniar, Galway's only Michelin starred restaurant would seem perfect for a special occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

check the menu in kai before you even attempt to go there - its not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What food does your husband like?
    Exotic, home grown, spicy?
    Is he into fancy wine with his meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

check the menu in kai before you even attempt to go there - its not for everyone.

check the menu of any restaurant before you go is my general ethos too.
    But I find the quality of the food great and a nice ambiance taboot!
    I am in no way affiliated to Kai.
    I find that when you go for a meal and afterwards you say to yourself "Would I go there again?"
    its a simple answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Todd Gack wrote: »
    Aniar, Galway's only Michelin starred restaurant would seem perfect for a special occasion.

Has the head chef there changed?

Enda McEvoy got the Michelin star, but the website now shows Ultan Cooke as head chef.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah Enda is gone. It's mentioned on some other thread. They won some other award in the House Hotel on Tuesday. Don't know which was the chef when the decision was made though.

Advertisement