Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPi back PTSB

Options
  • 10-04-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

hi all has anyone on here had ppi back from ptsb or got letter from them about it. i got letter back about 6 months ago that was the last i heard..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No but a family member is chasing AIB for over 12 months, it has just stalled. She opened a formal complaint and then she got a call from the branch.....looking for more information...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Call open24. They have a dedicated line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bluerythmsdiet

I called them last week, the guy on the phone was very open and honest, he did say that it will be June, something about compiling a list for May for the Central Bank.
    If you get anything can you Pm me and I'll do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭zone 1

I called them last week, the guy on the phone was very open and honest, he did say that it will be June, something about compiling a list for May for the Central Bank.
    If you get anything can you Pm me and I'll do the same.

was just on yesterday got some women the same as you with . she then asked did i think i due something cos 90% of people will get nothing back. and i new what i was signing up for.... ill wait till june had to bit my lip she was not helpful

Wow, 90%, I may go and talk to an independant third party,

• Advertisement

yep 90% sounds alot im thinking of going down that line to .. i mean they sent me out the letter saying i was part of that review i was paying ppi i no that much and i was paying it from 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Think it's been mentioned before that this wasn't as much mis selling as it was in England. Id say people knew what they were signing as a review was done before it was taken out.

Has anyone had an update, here's where I'm at, at this moment in time. I've just finished year one of a law degree.
    Section 41 through to 43 of the consumer protection act 2007 is the section of legislation you need to be looking at when talking to the bank, you can get this legislation on statute.ie, this section mainly covers misleading information or miss sold products and the bank is obliged to ensure that all staff members are abiding by the code of conduct of the industry they are employed within but we were sold insurance from a bank, this is a conflict of interest. This brings me to the insurance code of conduct in the insurance legalisation which I'm still going through, anyway, in the consumer act sections 45 onwards states that the person selling a product must be an expert or have the equivalent qualification, which surprise surprise, ptsb cannot establish this information. Be aware of the statute of limitations act which means you are barred from litigation after 6 years which for myself is May 2014,I've heard on newstalk that people are taking the banks to the small claims court which has a max limit of €2000 in claims so i feel the bank is hoping people will follow this route. I have called open24 on some 10 different occasions and still no reply, today I called and this is the first time I have got any kind of response and I will receive a call back from a manager on Monday, there's progress for ye. Ask them what is the test criteria for making a decision, is there an appeals process and the name of 3rd party that is carrying out the review on their behalf. Arm yourself with as much information as possible and just try to be a pain in the arse to them. Good luck and let me know if you receive any information and I will do likewise.

^^The people answering the phone in Open24 are not gonna have this information readily available tbh. It's telephone banking; they're there to set up transfers, provide general account information etc. Being a pain in the arse to them isn't gonna do anything that asking for the branch manager to call you back wouldn't also accomplish. The investigation into PPI has been ordered by the Central Bank of Ireland and is being carried out on ALL instances of PPI being sold. If they haven't gotten back to you yet, it is because you are one of possibly hundreds of thousands of people on a list. By all means, call up and ask for your branch manager to give you a call back about it asap but jaysus calling up a call centre on a Saturday and being a pain in the arse to, what's most likely to be part-time workers, is unnesseceraly ignorant and rude.

Hi,
    You obviously work for tsb,
    For your first point I have called tsb branch and been pushed to open24 open24 have asked me to call the branch, so where's the transparity in this process.
    I have never taken out my frustration on the person on the end of the phone much to your disappointment, I appreciate they are only doing a job and can't answer my questions.
    There are 4 that's four people on this page that are treading to this line of information having a conversation so if you don't want to add to the general conversation don't add at all.
    I have had 3 personal unsecured loans over 20k with tsb since 1998 and I had no need for ppi due to my credit rating with the bank, I was told in 08 after signing for a house that I could have a loan if I agreed to ppi that the loan would be secured.
    I only call open24 for my banking so you need to actually back off and stay quiet because this seems to actually not involve you, from your comment above you actually told people to call open24's dedicated line? So this is my bank and my business if you don't like it moderate somewhere else ?...
    Furthermore,
    Boards has been a service for people to communicate since 2008, and you are not bigger than the people on it's site.
    I sincerely expect that you be quiet and allow people to pass information freely as is our constitutional right but please pm me if you any further comments that you would like to share with. Myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Thanks
    But the reality is I'm just sharing information and giving my opinion. Nervous wreck is perfectly entitled to his or her opinion and post.
    I'm in the middle of this with my bank and have had a couple of pm conversations since may with the people on this thread. My intention for my initial post was to help nothing more.

Hi,
    You obviously work for tsb,
    For your first point I have called tsb branch and been pushed to open24 open24 have asked me to call the branch, so where's the transparity in this process.
    I have never taken out my frustration on the person on the end of the phone much to your disappointment, I appreciate they are only doing a job and can't answer my questions.
    There are 4 that's four people on this page that are treading to this line of information having a conversation so if you don't want to add to the general conversation don't add at all.
    I have had 3 personal unsecured loans over 20k with tsb since 1998 and I had no need for ppi due to my credit rating with the bank, I was told in 08 after signing for a house that I could have a loan if I agreed to ppi that the loan would be secured.
    I only call open24 for my banking so you need to actually back off and stay quiet because this seems to actually not involve you, from your comment above you actually told people to call open24's dedicated line? So this is my bank and my business if you don't like it moderate somewhere else ?...
    Furthermore,
    Boards has been a service for people to communicate since 2008, and you are not bigger than the people on it's site.
    I sincerely expect that you be quiet and allow people to pass information freely as is our constitutional right but please pm me if you any further comments that you would like to share with. Myself.

You're the one who implied that you were "a pain in the arse" to the people answering the phone. You're sharing information? So am I. I'm sharing the information that, despite your assertions, you really don't need to be a pain in the arse to get helped. You'll get the same help being nice, in fact. So encouraging people to be a pain in the arse is just ignorant and rude, as I have said.

Your comment about me not being bigger than boards is bizarre bordering on hilarious. And also, your constitutional right to free speech does not extend to boards.ie, which is a privately run website and *will* edit/delete your posts if they are deemed off topic/ inappropriate etc. Not that that pertains to this conversation really, just letting you know.

But yes, as another poster said, probably best to get off your high horse and, if I might add, stop being so needlessly aggressive in your posts.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Your high horse... Get off it..

You were talking to a mod, you cant just tell them to be quiet because they disagreed with you. Jesus h Christ...

I actually mod a different forum; I'm just a normal poster here! Cheers though ;)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

bluerhythmsdiet, boards.ie is a privately owned site, you have no right to free speech here. If you have a problem with a post, report it. I appreciate that this is a frustrating issue, however there's no need to be abusive to other posters.

hi folks

Has anyone had any look yet with there ppi from PTSB yet ??. when i last gave them a ring some girl just mentioned it would be december . my ppi goes back to 2008..

thanks
    zone 1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

zone 1 wrote: »
    hi folks

Has anyone had any look yet with there ppi from PTSB yet ??. when i last gave them a ring some girl just mentioned it would be december . my ppi goes back to 2008..

thanks
    zone 1

they were dealing with 2007 first apparently! I have been told how much I am getting back from one loan and that was at least 5 weeks ago. They said payment would be within 6 weeks of that letter, so any day now I hope! The next payment could be November/December the way its going. The whole process has been pretty slow. So if you haven't received a letter back with the amount being refunded, you will probably be lucky to get it before Christmas!

Thanks Ciarrai76

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

just to update, I received my PPI refund from PTSB in the post by cheque this morning! It was more or less 6 weeks from when I received the letter advising of how much I would be receiving!
    Glad of it :) I do have another due, but they haven't advised how much that one is yet!

Great to hear that Ciarrai76 . ill prob be looking at after Christmas before i hear anything back . ill keep my finger crossed

enjoy what was yours

zone 1...

• Advertisement

I received my 2nd letter today from PTSB with the refund amount! Its more than my last letter, so I'm pretty happy :)
    I know I won't receive it now for at least 5/6 weeks, but it won't be far off Christmas when it comes, so it will be perfect timing!!
    Hopefully you should hear back soon, as this particular loan covered 2008!

Ciarrai76 will you give some one else chance to get some PPI back. LOL.....

I received my 2nd refund from PTSB a lot quicker this time, it was about 3 weeks from when I sent back the acceptance form. The first one was 6 weeks! I wasn't expecting it until at least the end of November! So they must be getting through them a lot quicker now :)

im 2008 , when did they take out the ppi on your behalf ciarria76. just wondering when i might get letter??

im 2008 , when did they take out the ppi on your behalf ciarria76. just wondering when i might get letter??

I had an original loan with them in early 2007, which I topped up late 2007 and was paid off in late 2008, so the 2nd refund I received was based on the late 2007/2008 loan. I'd say you should hear something pretty soon. I would give them a buzz on the number which would be on the original letter saying you are part of the review and they will give you a better idea. Did you get one of these letters? They were sent out early this year.

no i got letter nov 12 saying that i was part of that review and that i would here back in due course. that was the last ive heard from them. i did ring afew times but not much info to go on . i might just give them a bell today and see. it just makes me mad that no up date from them but if i was late with my morgage they would fine time to reply to me..

just got letter back told i would not be getting refund.. i think i was miss sold this even at the time i told the the bank i did not need to take out this policy. they still went with it...

just got letter back told i would not be getting refund.. i think i was miss sold this even at the time i told the the bank i did not need to take out this policy. they still went with it...

ask them to review it, put it in writing and give them your reasons as to why you feel it as mis-sold. I did this with AIB and am waiting to hear back. If they still say no, then pass to the financial ombudsman.

ciarrai76 ive been on to the ombudsman just waiting on reply. diffo miss sold this policy so ill fight this to the end im in for the long haul here.

• Advertisement

ciarrai76 ive been on to the ombudsman just waiting on reply. diffo miss sold this policy so ill fight this to the end im in for the long haul here.

I've a complaint in with them for MBNA/AvantCard, they are claiming I wasn't missold! I hope I get a positive outcome. It is taking quite a while though, I've had the complaint in since about July and not due to hear back from them until at least December! So don't expect a speedy outcome. I hear that they are inundated with complaints, so they have a lot on their plate! Fingers crossed we get the result we are hoping for!

Advertisement