Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPi back PTSB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭zone 1

i just dont understand how they can say i was not miss sold this . ive a felling threr chancing there harm here with poeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Not everyone who took this product out tho was mis sold. If it was done right then a review took place and a customer signed to this effect. Of course not everyone who writes in will get refunded.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got a letter from AIB yesterday to say I wasn't missold PPI. I am confused now as to how I was missold by PTSB, but not AIB? They couldn't even give me a reason as to why not, and were a bit confused as to how I got a refund from PTSB! Such a load of cr*ap at this stage. None of them seem to know what was & what wasn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

We got a letter yesterday from AIB saying we were mis sold PPI for our mortgage from Nov 2008 and giving us the option to apply for a refund which would cancel the policy or just continue on and retain the policy. My query is that if we go for the refund which automatically cancels the PPI, can we take out PPI again for remainder of mortgage? We cant risk not having PPI in case of illness or redundancy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

March11 wrote: »
    We got a letter yesterday from AIB saying we were mis sold PPI for our mortgage from Nov 2008 and giving us the option to apply for a refund which would cancel the policy or just continue on and retain the policy. My query is that if we go for the refund which automatically cancels the PPI, can we take out PPI again for remainder of mortgage? We cant risk not having PPI in case of illness or redundancy.

I cancelled my PPI when I was written to about this review. I found out that it isn't suitable as there is a clause in it saying you are excluded if you work for a family business, which I do! Make sure it is actually for you before keeping it, or taking it out again. It may have been mis-sold due to it being the wrong product for you & you may not be able to claim on it if anything should happen....which is the case for a lot of people, which is why its deemed as mis-sold in many cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Thank you very much for your reply, we shall query it before deciding. Much obliged.

Advertisement