Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Aid

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I just finished an occupational first aid course today where I learned CPR and use of AEDs and lots of other treatments for lots of different situations!

Is there any further courses to build on what I have learned and move things to a higher level?

I really enjoyed this and would like to progress :)

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

If you would like to learn additional skills and progress I would suggest you maybe join a first aid organisation and learn that way.

With a bit of googling you should be able to find your local OMAC, IRC , CD or SJ first aid Unit.

Also reading through these threads will help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80529812

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭The Villain

Congrats on successfully completing your OFA course. OFA is a level 2 grade on the PHECC ladder. The next courses you would be looking at are EFR (Level 3) and EMT (Level 4 - Practitioner Level). You will find companies locally who will provide training on these courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Congrats on successfully completing your OFA course. OFA is a level 2 grade on the PHECC ladder. The next courses you would be looking at are EFR (Level 3) and EMT (Level 4 - Practitioner Level). You will find companies locally who will provide training on these courses.

Thanks for that. I will have a look at the PHECC website and see what the story is.

Advertisement