Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sideways

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm trying to get my hands on a digital copy of Rex Pickett's Sideways. It isn't in the Kindle Store for some reason. What other established websites can I purchase it from? I done a quick Google search and came across a few random sites, but they look dodgy enough.

Also, can anyone recommend any similar books.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I liked the book -
    and loved the film -
    went on a Date to see the film...
    The Date wasn't good but the film made up for it!
    In the mater of books I am a ludite still and love tangible books,
    have you tried the Library.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I was out of the country at the time and a digital copy was the handiest option. But I still haven't got around to reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Hi. I'm trying to get my hands on a digital copy of Rex Pickett's Sideways. It isn't in the Kindle Store for some reason. What other established websites can I purchase it from? I done a quick Google search and came across a few random sites, but they look dodgy enough.

Also, can anyone recommend any similar books.

Thanks.

Hey ThirdMan, I know it's no use to you now, but you might be interested to hear that libraries (at least in the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown area anyway) allow members to borrow digital books (once downloaded they're accessible via a tablet etc for two or three weeks). There's a reasonably large catalogue and, because the books are electronic, you can download them remotely. Obviously not of any help to you now but maybe next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Hey ThirdMan, I know it's no use to you now, but you might be interested to hear that libraries (at least in the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown area anyway) allow members to borrow digital books (once downloaded they're accessible via a tablet etc for two or three weeks). There's a reasonably large catalogue and, because the books are electronic, you can download them remotely. Obviously not of any help to you now but maybe next time.

That sounds great, thanks. But I'm not from Dublin, and my local library is a little behind the times. Anyway I've had a change of heart about digital editions. I miss collecting books (and CDs, records, etc), so I'm reverting to type. They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st Century! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

ThirdMan wrote: »
    That sounds great, thanks. But I'm not from Dublin, and my local library is a little behind the times. Anyway I've had a change of heart about digital editions. I miss collecting books (and CDs, records, etc), so I'm reverting to type. They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st Century! :p

That's a pity about your local library. I do agree with you about digital editions, though. I bought a Kindle and used it, at most, three times before giving it to my father. Long live printed books and vinyl!

• Advertisement
Advertisement