Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Heathervue, Greystones

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am considering a move to Heathervue in Greystones with my young family. Just wondering if anyone can give me any details on how well insulated the houses are and in the case of semi detached houses can noise be easily heard from your adjoining neighbour, in other words are the houses well built? Also, as I have a young family it would be nice to know if there are other young families in the estate? I gather the estate was built in the 80s. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

plenty of young families in the estate, know a few people living there, never heard anything bad about it. Its a nice location close to the village.

Don't know anything about the build quality though - there's a few different house types in the estate, I doubt any of them are particularly well insulated given their age but the same goes for most of the housing stock in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

I did a heating install in a house in Heathervue recently. This coincided with a complete gut out and re-build internally. The insulation by modern standards was practically non-existent. Having said that it was on a house that had no work done on it since it was built.
    If you were looking at buying the house you should have access to the BER cert (Building Energy Rating). This will give you an idea of what the insulation/heating/energy use (electricity also) is like and it usually recommends works needed to upgrade to a decent standard.
    The basic houses are sturdy enough but the upstairs flooring (original) is that horrible chipboard. It creaks like hell -well it did in the house I was in!
    The owners replaced all and strengthened the joists- easily done when house was gutted!
    Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I live in the estate, have a young family and at least half of the dozen or so neighbours around me are the same.

Insulation is an issue with the houses I would say but the right investment can improve things a lot.

You should be buying at a value price - I'm in negative equity by a distance but view the decision to live here as one if the best I've made.

Could go into a lot more detail on insulation and more... PM me if you'd like more info

Advertisement