Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Grip + batteries

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

What should I be looking at in terms of a bettery grip and batteries for a canon 600d?

Sorry for all the questions just new to this camera!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

What should I be looking at in terms of a bettery grip and batteries for a canon 600d?

The options for both are the same, buy the original Canon grip and/or batteries or buy the knock off Chinese versions.

For the batteries I have have used knock offs in other devices and found them to be as good or better then originals. Nerver needed to in a DSLR. For the grip, read the reviews but there are some really good Chinese versions of the grip.

You could also try to cut the costs by trying to pickup the Canon ones 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I use a few Hahnel batteries and find them just as good as the canon. A little dearer then chinese knock offs but cheaper than canon originals. But they are a known brand. They also do grips, but I don't use a battery grip so can't comment. To be honest I don't see the point in using a grip for video work.

11811 wrote: »
    To be honest I don't see the point in using a grip for video work.

Doubles your battery life but only makes sense on a tripod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Rew wrote: »
    Doubles your battery life but only makes sense on a tripod.

Yeah, i get that. Just they're a little awkward for mounting on shoulder rigs etc. I just don't think they worth getting of you are using the camera mainly for video work. They are great for still photography alright!

11811 wrote: »
    Yeah, i get that. Just they're a little awkward for mounting on shoulder rigs etc. I just don't think they worth getting of you are using the camera mainly for video work. They are great for still photography alright!

Yeah they really only make sense on a tripod, esp if the quick release blocks the battery door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement