Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my review on reader!

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

hi

I went to see amanda murphy recently in mary street, cant say i was impressed.. she started off with a bit of mediumship but sure she was asking me everything. were my parents alive/grandparents etc etc and then she said no spirits coming through. she got one name right but probably guess work.

she then did a quick reading. she told me nothing from the past at all, just all what the future would hold. if it does come true, it will be great but i didnt come out thinking, wow she was great.

just wondering if anyone else went to see her and what they thought..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

Gumbi wrote: »
    Did you expect her to have some kind of divine insight into your life? I wouldn't expect anything other than guessing really. Bit of cold reading, too, maybe.
    well i assume the op did expect that, is that not why most people go to readers in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

Did you expect her to have some kind of divine insight into your life? I wouldn't expect anything other than guessing really. Bit of cold reading, too, maybe.[/QUOTE.

, I'm sharing my reading with people that are actually interested in fortune tellers. Your obviously not interested in them so why make comments in this particular forum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

In just saying, you seem to be skeptical of her powers. I'm nourishing that mindset by helping you understand what she was probably trying to do (cold reading, for example).

In just saying, you seem to be skeptical of her powers. I'm nourishing that mindset by helping you understand what she was probably trying to do (cold reading, for example).

Well I am skeptical now about her!! I thought she might have been better. I'm just sayin I personally wouldn't recommend but if anything she said about the future comes true, I will come back and post!!!

<snip>

How would differentiate between guesswork and genuine mediumship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 sammy78

Guesswork is when she starts asking questions like 'Is your mam's Mary?, no, is it Margaret? no, is it Sarah? 10 names later and she still doesn't get it right and then gives up and just asks you her name so it will 'bring her spirit closer'

Genuine mediumship is when she says 'your mams name is Anne', which would be correct.

This is just one example, others were things like ' You argued with your mam', what daughter doesnt from time to time but i generally had a good relationship with her so i wouldnt agree.

I could go on but you get the drift. I went to a medium years ago and she was brilliant, said things that she just couldnt have guessed. So i know the difference between a good and not so good medium

sammy78 wrote: »

Guesswork is when she starts asking questions like 'Is your mam's Mary?, no, is it Margaret? no, is it Sarah? 10 names later and she still doesn't get it right and then gives up and just asks you her name so it will 'bring her spirit closer'

Genuine mediumship is when she says 'your mams name is Anne', which would be correct.

This is just one example, others were things like ' You argued with your mam', what daughter doesnt from time to time but i generally had a good relationship with her so i wouldnt agree.

I could go on but you get the drift. I went to a medium years ago and she was brilliant, said things that she just couldnt have guessed. So i know the difference between a good and not so good medium
    That's the thing, though. There are techniques out there to make it seem as if you do know a lot about someone. Hot/cold reading, Barnum statements and a bit luck, too, maybe. I think just because someone appears to have some kind of insight into one's life doesn't necessitate "psychic" ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

That's the thing, though. There are techniques out there to make it seem as if you do know a lot about someone. Hot/cold reading, Barnum statements and a bit luck, too, maybe. I think just because someone appears to have some kind of insight into one's life doesn't necessitate "psychic" ability.

Hey Gunbi. This the psychic and medium section so stop knocking everyone posts. :eek:

Hey Gunbi. This the psychic and medium section so stop knocking everyone posts. :eek:

I am being very polite and gentle in my probing. I am making no assumptions, and no conclusions. I am just asking questions which I hope might make some people reconsider their positions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

I am being very polite and gentle in my probing. I am making no assumptions, and no conclusions. I am just asking questions which I hope might make some people reconsider their positions.
    yes Gumbi you did the same to me when I wrote about Rory Bates telling me I was putting people astray, it makes me wonder what happened to you, maybe you would like to share :rolleyes: you seem to be over the top bothered about them ,

• Advertisement

sammy78 wrote: »

I could go on but you get the drift. I went to a medium years ago and she was brilliant, said things that she just couldnt have guessed. So i know the difference between a good and not

I totally agree sammy because I went to another lady on sat and she was brilliant. She gave me so many names that she couldn't have guessed and she just spat it all out! You just know if they are good or bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sammy78

I'm well aware of the techniques that not so gifted "Psychics" use. I also have a keen interest in this area and so i'm not a vulnerable grieving person hanging onto every word of the psychic wanting to believe whatever they say. I'm quick enough to criticise the reading if it is not acceptable to me whether the psychic is asking to many questions or just throwing random names and general statements.

The bottom line is that i do believe that there are people out there that have psychic ability, perhaps not every self proclaimed psychic but nonetheless i believe they exist.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Has anyone seen Billy in Mullingar ??

I've been and something he told me has actually happened since I saw him two years ago. He only charges €30. My friend didn't find him very accurate though but he did mention a couple of things that freaked her a bit.

I didnt think much of it obviously at the time, I'd actually like to go again. Anyone else go see him> what ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jazz1975

I went to see the same Amanda Murphy physic medium 2 weeks ago in Marys Mall, & i disagree totally with your comments because Amanda was spot on with several different things with me includeing family who have past and situations ive been through that nobody could have been guessed, i was so impressed that ive recommeded her to 3 friends whom all loved their exsperience with Amanda. You are obvisouly a very closed minded person and very scepital, maybe thats why she couldnt connect with you.

jazz1975 wrote: »
    I went to see the same Amanda Murphy physic medium 2 weeks ago in Marys Mall, & i disagree totally with your comments because Amanda was spot on with several different things with me includeing family who have past and situations ive been through that nobody could have been guessed, i was so impressed that ive recommeded her to 3 friends whom all loved their exsperience with Amanda. You are obvisouly a very closed minded person and very scepital, maybe thats why she couldnt connect with you.

im just sayin for me personally she didnt pick up on anything at all. I then went to another lady 3 days later who was excellent from the minute i walked in the door. I am not at all scepital or closed minded!!!!
    Everyone is different i guess but im glad she was good for you! if anything about the future comes true , i will report back with an update!!!!

Asure thats gas Kate112 and Jazz1975 two new posters and the VERY first posts to support Amanda WOW wish I had two people to stick up for me like that :D tough in cheek
    I can understand one person but 2 my faith in mankind has been restored :P:P:P:P

D.Campbell wrote: »
    Asure thats gas Kate112 and Jazz1975 two new posters and the VERY first posts to support Amanda WOW wish I had two people to stick up for me like that :D tough in cheek
    I can understand one person but 2 my faith in mankind has been restored :P:P:P:P

Never copped that, maybe its just a coincidence ummmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 pyschicamanda

hi amanda here,i know the girl that came into me n cud pick nothing up from her.i told her this,for some reason u dont seem to accept it,i cant bring spirits thro that dont want to talk to u!im a medium not gonna lie bout the things i pick up on,nobody that day wanted to talk to u! i can see why now,u wer negitive n keptbtalkin bout the past,im a psychic medium i see the future and sprits!

I was good at picking up that one , I saw it coming hehehehe
    this thread is about voicing our opinion on the service (esp if paid for )we are getting not the person, I am sure he or her who went to you was disappointed with the reading and therefore allowed to state this like we do our government etc. when I go to work I separate the me from the personal me,
    I do believe that sometimes its hard to read some people and when spirit dont come in its upsetting for the sitter and maybe its not the right time for the sitter not that no one loves them enough to come through.
    tact and compassion to is a great thing to have for each other

i did apoligize to her on day n just told her i cudnt pick anything up for her,im not gonna tell people lies,if she was upset im sorry about that,i do get the odd person in that i cannot read for like all mediums!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jazz1975

And What are you trying say? yes its my first post, but this is what this site is for is'nt it, you make comments give opinions. Im not a personal friend of Amanda Murphy but i was a client and i recommend you visit her as i have done with others. And as for the girl who went to see another medium 3 days later maybe she should give a good review on her rather than just giving negetive comments on others.

jazz1975 wrote: »
    And What are you trying say? yes its my first post, but this is what this site is for is'nt it, you make comments give opinions. Im not a personal friend of Amanda Murphy but i was a client and i recommend you visit her as i have done with others. And as for the girl who went to see another medium 3 days later maybe she should give a good review on her rather than just giving negetive comments on others.
    People like to have validation of their beliefs, and tend to react negatively to those who disagree with them.

yes i agree,if she had a great reading with this other medium,whom she didnt name why not give her a good review,i also wudnt recommend gettin a reading done within 6months,people just pick up on the bad/negitive things n voice there opinion i have lots of regular customers who wudnt write on here because they have good readings,ive also started to ask my customers to review me on here now,good or bad,most will giv good reviews,just the odd person i cant pick up on,its not personal,my spirit guides give me the info,they didnt want me to read for her that day,prob because of this!feel free to come into my shop n i will giv i free reading gumbi n then u can give a review on me,for now im just closin myself off to this site coz its too much negitive energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

Any contact details for pyschicamanda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Hello everyone :)

Just to remind you all that, regardless of your differing opinions about Amanda Murphy's readings, you must remain civil and respectful on this forum.

Now, I don't know for sure whether it's true or not that the poster who posted the negative review of Amanda's reading knows Amanda personally and is trying to deliberately discredit Amanda's work (how would I know for certain?). But, seeing as this topic has descended into one big argument, I think it's best for all concerned parties for me to simply close this thread.

With all due respect, lads/ladies, I suggest you settle your differences in a mature and direct fashion in your own personal lives instead of hijacking this forum passive-aggressively to vent your anger. Thank you and good luck to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement