Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller problems

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my controller. When I push up on the left stick there is a problem. It wont move the lad on the screen, or he will he jump about like it is very very laggy or not move.
    I dont have a problem with left,right,and down.

It could just be dirt inside the controller but has this happened with anyone else, or any ideas of how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

lkionm wrote: »
    I have a problem with my controller. When I push up on the left stick there is a problem. It wont move the lad on the screen, or he will he jump about like it is very very laggy or not move.
    I dont have a problem with left,right,and down.

It could just be dirt inside the controller but has this happened with anyone else, or any ideas of how to fix it?

It could be dirt inside the controller but most likely it's just worn out or the contacts have broken. Without opening it up it's pure speculation.

How old is the controller and how much use has it had? They don't last forever and over time lose sensitivity too. Easiest way to tell is check to see if the thumbsticks always right themselves perfectly straight and is there any excessive movement in them before it corresponds with movement on the screen. Before attempting a repair, see if its actually worth the effort first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Ah, about 3 years. Mostly playing COD, BF, and FIFAs so a fair bit of usage on the up stick.

They right themselves no problem and are 'lighter' than the right stick because that is rarely used.

It will happen on and off every few days, when it does work there is no problem with the movement time from the remote to the screen.
    My thinking is that there is just dirt in there floating around getting lodged and clogging it up and un clogging.

Would the inside of the remote be complicated for a noob to unscrew and clean it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

lkionm wrote: »
    Ah, about 3 years. Mostly playing COD, BF, and FIFAs so a fair bit of usage on the up stick.

They right themselves no problem and are 'lighter' than the right stick because that is rarely used.

It will happen on and off every few days, when it does work there is no problem with the movement time from the remote to the screen.
    My thinking is that there is just dirt in there floating around getting lodged and clogging it up and un clogging.

Would the inside of the remote be complicated for a noob to unscrew and clean it?

Fairly basic inside. Open it up and have a look and let us know.

Advertisement