Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer...

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

All this talk off Killers must mean they're the dogs danglies, but I have not got a clue what a killer is and how it works.

I've heard that much about them on here that I want to buy one even though I ain't got a clue how they work!!

Would one of you learned gentlemen be so kind as to give me a run down of what they are and how they work etc?

Please bear in mind I'm a thick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's a rebuildable atomiser that fits inside a carto tank.

8D10592C-CE03-42D9-BB76-7B3B4B570676-2790-000002A8496FE3C6.jpg
    +
    img_1436_review-km-carto-tank-480x260.jpg
    =
    9D8BBFA3-BF2F-4C73-862C-6AC16BB7DC46-2790-000002A866DF6D3D.jpg

You can buy ready-made coils that just pop into the base when the old coil dies, or you can rebuild it if you have a bit of wick and wire (and non-resistant [NR] wire if you want the best effect from it).

It's got a feature of a juice control (glorified screw-tube) so you can keep it as open or closed as it needs to be depending on the juice's thickness or wateriness and it provides a really really good vape.
    It's basically an option for people who either can't be bothered with Genesis (Genni) atomisers and their possibly heartbreaking setup, or who don't like the height of Genni's, or who just prefer silica or cotton as a wick (although you can use mesh with it was well, the possible heartbreak of a Genni involves the mesh).

I'd get another rebuildable like the iGO-L or iGO-S first if you're leaning that way, along with some wire and wick.
    They don't have tanks but they're easy to set up and they're very cheap. iGO-L suits larger mods, iGO-L suits eGo batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

There was a frenzy when these first came out, not so long ago, total game changers they were being heralded as.

Then people got their grubby mits on them, couldn't get them to work perfectly, and sold them on in droves.

The biggest problem early on was finding a tank that works well with it. Now they're easy to find.

I said I'd let the dust settle before I bought one, well 3 actually but that's another story altogether, and I'm glad I waited. There are ample videos online showing the best methods for using and rebuilding them. I saw Todd's video and thought, there's no way I can't get this thing to work properly. :confused:

The problem is, they are fiddly to set up right. It takes me seconds because I'm always fiddling with genesis atty's and rebuilding coils so it's second nature at this stage. But for someone with little experience doing this, getting the flow of juice just right can be frustrating.

As someone who loves both gennys and drippers , a killer was a must.

Since I began using these, I cannot for the life of me, enjoy vaping from a carto or clearo, and I've tried. I've gone back and forth between the two trying to find something "work friendly" that "just works" but also satisfies me.

The search is over now, thank god Leo. :D

Advertisement