Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Heffernan/Na Fianna 5km 21.5.2013 @ 8pm

Options
  • 10-04-2013 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

A top quality 5km at €15 entry that guarantees a fast time(first 150 under 20 mins last year). Registration on the night at the Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstownbridge, Enfield. Start line is a mile or so out the Carbury road. A great race thats a big hit with Boardsies.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I hope to be there, I definitely won't be in the sub-20 crowd though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Just giving this a bump as it is coming up next week. Much interest in these parts? I'm torn between this and Terenure so keeping the options open.

Supposed to be a great race and lethal fast. Is there any pre-registration? I see last year they had.

http://nafiannaathleticclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

http://meathathletics.ie/bob_heffernan.php

Pre-registration on precision timing according to the above link. €12 euro online or €15 on the night.

beeduybe wrote: »
    http://meathathletics.ie/bob_heffernan.php

Pre-registration on precision timing according to the above link. €12 euro online or €15 on the night.

Never knew we were still in 2012! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

blockic wrote: »
    Never knew we were still in 2012! :D

A year younger than I thought I was woohoo!! I'll be there, 1st 5km since last September:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'll be giving this a go. Did it either last year or the year before. Lovely race, lookin forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Anyone having trouble with pre-entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

happygoose wrote: »

It worked for me just now, is there many going up to this from DAC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

happygoose wrote: »

Registered here, worked fine
    Looking forward to this, has to be one of the fastest 5k races around

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

wowzer wrote: »
    It worked for me just now, is there many going up to this from DAC?

Thanks I'l give it a go now!

Loads, I trained the Tuesday of it last year and there were only a handful doing the session, everyone had gone to Enfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Am hoping to be there myself. What kind of numbers do they get out?

Anyone have a course route?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

wrstan wrote: »
    Am hoping to be there myself. What kind of numbers do they get out?

Anyone have a course route?

Thanks

Here's my garmin link to last year. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/181158743
    I think they had nearly 400 last year so the start was a bit chaotic with a narrow road start and everyone went from the gun time. Definitely a PB course if you can avoid the traffic in the first half km.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Q7 wrote: »
    Here's my garmin link to last year. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/181158743
    I think they had nearly 400 last year so the start was a bit chaotic with a narrow road start and everyone went from the gun time. Definitely a PB course if you can avoid the traffic in the first half km.

I managed to avoid the traffic nicely last yr, was in the front row! But unfortunately, and this is a warning to ya ecoli if your not wearing a watch ha, the 1st km was incredibly quick, I got dragged through it in about 2.55, that fecked me up later in the race!

But yeh word of warning, startline is a full mile from registration, and if you are late and want to be up the front you will need to work your way through a jammers crowd!

Looking forward to tonight now. Weather looks like it will be perfect!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Great race and think I lost track of all the PB's by boardsies- great running all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

drquirky wrote: »
    Great race and think I lost track of all the PB's by boardsies- great running all!

Super stuff. What time did you run yourself? Did you wear a watch and did you finish ahead of the young lad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »
    Super stuff. What time did you run yourself? Did you wear a watch and did you finish ahead of the young lad ;)

The young lad, never made it. Last i saw him was holding up the show at the lucan exit of the M50 with the front half of his car crushed!!
    PB for me too and most Importantly finished ahead of CL.
    Course was accurate too, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Great race as always, messy start and finish area as always :)

Great effort goes into the race and it shows. One of my favourite courses around, just when you think you cant make it another step you turn around the corner and see the crowd.

TRR wrote: »

16:39 on my watch- see Meno's comment on the young lad :(

Great evening's racing alright, and looks like plenty of PB's bagged.

Crayzeeee start, but kinda fun to hear all those feet around me, and lots of of wind break infront of me for the first 2k, definitely no complaints from me - happy race! :D

• Advertisement

And great to meet you Meno, thanks for introducing yourself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Great race, distance was spot on, PB by nearly a minute for me. Thought it was well organised even with the mildly chaotic start. Results up yet?

There were issues with the timing last night but the lad from Precision timing said they should be up this morning.
    It was a good race, start was a bit hectic but I really enjoyed it
    Usual photos here courtesy of the Mooney clan

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

PB for me too, just waiting for the official results to see by how much:D Spotted claralara and crew on their warm up but didn't want to interrupt the serious pre race business! Was hard to know where to place myself on the start line, was aiming for 2/3 way back but couldn't tell how many we're ahead or behind so sorry if I was in anyone's way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I really enjoyed this race last night and would definitely have recommended it... However (and i never complain about races) I am disgusted to see my official time at 19:05 this morning. I started my watch with the gun as i knew no chip mat at start line. I went under finishing gantry at 18:47/48 and thats what my watch time was. Not impressed!! I've had great time for precision and the quick results/selection of races so far but this is a big No for me... :( Grrrr.

claralara wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this race last night and would definitely have recommended it... However (and i never complain about races) I am disgusted to see my official time at 19:05 this morning. I started my watch with the gun as i knew no chip mat at start line. I went under finishing gantry at 18:47/48 and thats what my watch time was. Not impressed!! I've had great time for precision and the quick results/selection of races so far but this is a big No for me... :( Grrrr.

Ah no way!! I clearly saw 18:47 on the clock when you crossed the line, definitely take your watch time?
    Just saw I am not even in the results :-(

Yup-
    Was standing at the finish line and looking at the clock when both you and Meno came in. I'm 100 percent certain you were in under 18:50. Maybe email precision as perhaps they have you confused with another person? I got an email this morning asking for clarification.... seems like they were all over the place with the timing last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ah no way!! I clearly saw 18:47 on the clock when you crossed the line, definitely take your watch time?

No way - strongly worded letter to Precision. I am sick!! Tang, what is your official time?

The results look to be a work in progress.
    My time is not there and the lad from celbridge that finished beside me is not there.
    My club mates times seem to be out by 5-10 seconds

• Advertisement

No way - strongly worded letter to Precision. I am sick!! Tang, what is your official time?

I am guessing they screwed Tang too. He is down as 19:00 I think? I am not listed :-(

Advertisement