Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How secure is out-sourced services?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I have asked this question previously and have not received any response so I am now asking again in the hope that this time I will receive a response. 

HCL Technologies have been employed by Bank of Ireland to provide a number of services such as change of address (Indexed in India), Online Pin generation for B365, Verified fied by visa etc. Haven spoken with someone who currently works with HCL, she was saying there was alot of breaches of bank of irelands policy taking place such as unsecured computers, users using other peoples pin numbers and login information, agents creating logs for managers. I recently changed my address with yourself and no where on the form does it state that my information can be held or processed outside of Ireland. If the forms and requests are being indexed in India how safe is my information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi kkapp,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

HCL currently provide services to Bank of Ireland. We responded to a similar question by you back in January. Please see our response below:
    Hi kkapp,

Thanks for posting.

HCL do provide support services to Bank of Ireland and adhere to the same strict data protection guidelines as Bank of Ireland. We take our data protection obligations very seriously. We can assure you that the safety of your information is in no way compromised.

Thanks

Billy

We hope this answers your query.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement