Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping nightmare.

Options
  • 11-04-2013 12:06am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, this is the story so far...
    Dublin to Winnipeg, MB
    Stuff was collected from my apartment on the 10th Jan 2013
    From 9th of Feb I was asking for an ETA
    On 24th March they asked my for a copy of my visa and passport. I sent that within 3 days.
    On the 27th March I get an email saying the shipment is in the UK and had been held up waiting on paperwork
    April 10th I get an email saying my stuff in on a ship and is expected to arrive in Toronto on the 25th May.
    Toronto is still 2220+km away from Winnipeg.

I have shipped stuff worldwide before and always got my stuff in 6-8 weeks. By the time my stuff arrives in Toronto is will be over 19 weeks. Still has to make the rest of the trip. :-(

I'm looking into taking legal action. This is beyond ridiculous. The stuff was sitting in the UK for 9 weeks waiting on paper work but they only told me after much asking about the ETA.

Anyone else had similar nightmares?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

iamstop wrote: »
    Hi all, this is the story so far...
    Dublin to Winnipeg, MB
    Stuff was collected from my apartment on the 10th Jan 2013
    From 9th of Feb I was asking for an ETA
    On 24th March they asked my for a copy of my visa and passport. I sent that within 3 days.
    On the 27th March I get an email saying the shipment is in the UK and had been held up waiting on paperwork
    April 10th I get an email saying my stuff in on a ship and is expected to arrive in Toronto on the 25th May.
    Toronto is still 2220+km away from Winnipeg.

I have shipped stuff worldwide before and always got my stuff in 6-8 weeks. By the time my stuff arrives in Toronto is will be over 19 weeks. Still has to make the rest of the trip. :-(

I'm looking into taking legal action. This is beyond ridiculous. The stuff was sitting in the UK for 9 weeks waiting on paper work but they only told me after much asking about the ETA.

Anyone else had similar nightmares?

That sounds fairly shít man. You should look in to being compensated after your stuff gets to you. What company did you use to ship?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

So a mere 162 days, which is 23 weeks, after my stuff was picked up from my apartment in Dublin it arrived at my place here in Winnipeg.
    I am very thankful that it is all here, no missing boxes, and pretty much in the same condition it left in.
    However there is still the fact that it took 7 weeks longer than the longest estimate I was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

That is a crazy amount of time. Did you have insurance included in the price you paid? If so, you may have some comeback, but it will really depend on the reasons for the delay (& proof of).

And I hate to break it to you but it was probably one of the more expensive ways to transport it too :-(

We're bringing additional suitcases on the flights, and at a cost of €50 each that works out at about €2.50 per Kg (23kg limit minus 3 kg for suitcase itself). They also do rates for heavier cases.

The quote I got for seafreight was working out a good deal more expensive, and that was with the long delay. Granted, you can't bring furniture etc in your suitcase, but we are only bringing stuff that does fit into cases.

Advertisement