Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

employer deducting our hours when it's quiet.

Options
  • 11-04-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

if it's quiet our employer sends us home and deducted our hours and then we owe back those hours. so if the following day it's busy and I work 2 hours over time. I have to use those overtime hours to make up for the being sent home early. I have no choice. my contract says I'm contracted for 37.5 hours a week. but sometimes it can be less.. who is in the right or wrong. as I don't think it's fair..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Does your contract allow for deductions when quiet?

On the face of it, as long as your hours add up to the 37.5 contracted for, then I don't think you have a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you get paid for all hours worked?

Did your contract explain this approach, and did you see it before you started?

Do you always get 11 hours between shifts?

Do you work on average less than 48 hours per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Do you get paid for all hours worked?

Did your contract explain this approach, and did you see it before you started?

Do you always get 11 hours between shifts?

Do you work on average less than 48 hours per week?

yes paid for hours worked. it's possible that I wouldn't do 37.5 in one week and so will owe those hours I didn't work. yes do get 11 hrs behind shifts. just don't like the fact being sent home and then have to make those a hours when it suits them. so never really get any overtime.. I'd owe hours at end of year, it usually comes out of my holidays..

Advertisement