Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***It's time for more Beers!!! Oslo 25th May***

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

looks like we'll be popping in tomorrow after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The white building straight ahead. I'm guessing this picture was taken before it opened as the Oslo.

Oslo

Thanks, just remembered though the Champions League Final is on tomorrow night so that might keep me away until 10pm or so, anyone know if it'll be shown in the bar?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Harps wrote: »
    Thanks, just remembered though the Champions League Final is on tomorrow night so that might keep me away until 10pm or so, anyone know if it'll be shown in the bar?

It most definitely will, there's a projector and such way down the back, I know I'll be wandering off every now and again to check on the score :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Typical- a gang of my friends after arriving up for the CL final, tryin convince them go oslo afterwards but the line "there gang there from online" doesn't seem to have quite the persusaive appeal was hoping it to have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Should be there before 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I've landed in now. There's two tables inside the door reserved for us.

Finger food at half 9.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ill be there after the match.

Anyone actually going to this thing then? Only freed up now after the match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I went in, but wasn't sure about going up to random groups of people going "Hi, are you from the internet?"

In the place now, anyone want to give me a clue who I'm supposed to join??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

That was great fun. Thanks to everyone who attended. It was great to meet some new people, and obviously lovely to get to share a drink with some old acquaintances.

Hopefully I'll see a few of you again at the After Hours Beers in June.

Good night was had :D

Getting a huge fry now :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Great fun! lovely to meet people new and old alike and to put faces to usernames, really good turnout too.

After Hours beers in o' connells in late june should be some night too so if you missed out last night why not try again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Links234 wrote: »
    Good night was had :D

Getting a huge fry now :)

Sorry I didnt make the fry opted to head home instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Another great boardsie night, thanks everyone! :)

Wanted to go to Roisin after, alas however, my snuggly pillow was much, much closer than Dominick St. - that's the only trouble I have with the Oslo. :D

See ye all soon!

Wasn't there until late but good to meet everyone, good turnout as well

Seemingly I was too drunk to be allowed into the Roisin Dubh after all of four pints but still managed to keep the night going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Fey! wrote: »
    I went in, but wasn't sure about going up to random groups of people going "Hi, are you from the internet?"
    That's how I felt initially but I asked the bar staff which table was the boards one. Really glad I went now. Had a great night and met loads of lovely people :)

we both had a great time and it was a lot of fun meeting people :D

oh and the fry was awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Sickened I missed it, sounds like ye'd good night

wprathead wrote: »
    Sickened I missed it, sounds like ye'd good night

There'll be another chance, and certainly some impromptu ones once the weather really picks up :pac:

Of all the times I've attended galway beers the thing I've noticed most is that the atmosphere is always welcoming, doesn't seem to matter who you are, where you're from or whether you know anyone or not - everyone makes an effort...pat on the back for everyone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Was great to meet some of you last night, didn't get around to everyone.

Harps, glad to hear your Roisin rejection didn't end your night!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Was great to meet some of you last night, didn't get around to everyone.

Harps, glad to hear your Roisin rejection didn't end your night!

A couple of others were refused as well (a bit hazy on names!) and we ended up going to some place on Shop Street so it worked out all right, hopefully better luck next time when it comes to bouncers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Great meeting everyone again!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Must say the finger food was really nice. Great chips.

Advertisement