Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoil Stiofain Naofa in Cork 2 year Business Course- can I get J1?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me if I can get the J1 Visa. I am going to Scoil Stiofain Naofa in Cork doing a 2 year Business Course and will have completed the first year. To qualify, do you have to be going to a University??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No it doesn't have to be a university, but it does have to be an accredited third level academic institution, or a body affiliated with one.

What is Scoil Stiofain Naofa? I've never heard of it. Is it a secondary school, a national school, a community college, a technical college? Who awards the qualification you get at the end of the two years? Perhaps if you gave more information about it, you may get a more precise answer.

This is from the US Embassies J1 page

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/swt.html

Contact USIT or your schools administration office. They can probably tell you if your course meets the J1 requirements. I doubt if it will, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

"Full-time academic day course in a recognised Irish University or College (running at least 2 years full time) that can potentially lead to a degree or higher qualification
    OR
    Returning to either a full-time job (if you are in the final year of your degree or higher course) OR (if in a 2/3 year Cert or Diploma course) returning to full-time education in autumn 2013 for at least one more year of full-time study on your current course in order to ultimately gain a degree or higher qualification.
    "

http://www.j1online.ie/how-to-apply/j1-visa-requirements

Advertisement