Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house with tracker

Options
  • 11-04-2013 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We are currently looking at moving to a bigger house (on account of the arrival of junior). We have a tracker mortgage with PTSB and am wondering if any deal can be struck with them regarding either taking the balance of our existing tracker rate with us or getting a deal on the mortgage to come off a tracker. Has anyone had any dealings with PTSB in this regard. Was a deal reached and what seems to be their attitude to people upgrading their mortgage.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wingforward

Be interested to hear any views on this, in exact same situation ourselves, no more bambinos until we have the room.

I'd probably be carrying 80k neg equity over onto a new mortgage, i'm also on a tracker with ptsb...

Personal circumstances have changed somewhat since the mortgage was taken out but I dont think they will have any effect on mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If they get wind that you'll need to move anyway, there's nothing in it for them as they know you'll have to clear your tracker to move. I've never heard anything more than rumours about deals, but maybe the deal comes with a confidentiality clause and people are keeping schtum about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

If anyone is thinking of moving house in the next couple of years, its worth sounding out your bank on a deal to get off your tracker mortgage - and to keep asking them every few months..

Then do the maths and see if you will save anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have no experience of PTSB but I enquired the same thing with AIB and it was a defnite no-no.

When you sell one house, that mortgage must be cleared and a fresh mortgage taken out, as your original mortgage would be against a property you no longer own.

So I can't see it being any different with PTSB.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

5483202296_c8969ab165_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Don't know about PTSB, but Ulster Bank will definitely let you move house and keep the current balance at the same tracker rate, with any new borrowing at the SVR.

Advertisement