Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's been away do far?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I'm seeing more campers on the roads, who's been away so far, and how was it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Been to Kerry - FREEZING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I cant wait to get out, at the start of March I washed the camper gave it a hoover etc. and then the cold weather snap came and ruined any chance of an early outing ... hopefully now were in April it will be a bit better and can head somewhere soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Been out four times so far, started last w/e January.
    Aren't motorhomes supposed to be all year 'round vehicles ;) but it's hard on the batteries this time of year, over the Easter long weekend the heating was never off :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭micko38

Yep! Down in the beautiful Connemara region in Clifden. Stayed in a idealic campsite called Actons run by a very helpful & friendly couple,on the oceans edge with fantastic beaches & walks.Enjoyed by Adults, kids & dog. See attached link for site

http://www.actonsbeachsidecamping.com/contactdetails.htm

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Gonna try get my annual couple of days in a camper soon, I heard about a really fab site outside Doolin that sounds tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Gonna try get my annual couple of days in a camper soon, I heard about a really fab site outside Doolin that sounds tempting.

Is that nagles? That one of our favourite spots, o connors is always hopping until all hours too. Not great for swimming is the only thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ringoh

Yes...just bought first camper last october so trying to get out as much a possible.one weekend outside Kinvara, Paddys weekend in tralee and Afan valley in South Wales for easter on a mountain biking weekend. Now on my second bottle of gas for heating! Great looking out the window at 2am in Wales in my t shirt watching guys camping huddled around a bonfire at -2 trying to heat up! Should have bought camper years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Presently in Scotland. Weather mixed but camper cosy. We use CC&C sites mainly and some private sites and all run by very friendly and helpful people. Heading towards Criel on East coast today. Long hill walk yesterday in Glendevon. Wild and windy today. Spent a couple of nights on East shore of Loch Lomond. Fabulous scenery and soooooooo quiet. Retirement is certainly great and to be looked forward to if you are not there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

paddyp wrote: »
    Is that nagles? That one of our favourite spots, o connors is always hopping until all hours too. Not great for swimming is the only thing.
    Not sure to be honest Paddy, is there another round there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Made it to Scotland over Easter, Sunny skies and beautiful scenery, -6 degrees at night :)
    Stayed in Actons near Cliften last Spring. Nice site, scenery is lovely, nice beech but facilities a little to basic for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest Paddy, is there another round there?

Yeah theres the riverside camping which is right in the town, its midge heaven though the breeze at nagles keeps them off to an extent.

Advertisement