Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Broker Recommendations

Options
  • 11-04-2013 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I'm looking to apply for a mortgage and want to go through a good broker.
    Can you recommend one that you used in Dublin area please?
    I'm D7 based so ideally in that area, DM's welcome.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Look up killers1 in the Accommodation & Property forum, he's been helped a lot of people on from boards. I haven't had any dealings with him but he's had very good feedback on that forum.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

+1 for Killers 1. Hes currently assisting me with my application at the moment and I can only say good things about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Another +1 for killers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Don't bother with a broker waste of time IMO just talk to the bank they will bring you through it step by step simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Don't bother with a broker waste of time IMO just talk to the bank they will bring you through it step by step simples.

I completely disagree Heinsenberg. I'm another very happy person who is dealing with killers1 at the moment. I've been able to do everything by phone and email with him, so i haven't had to take any time off work, unlike if i was dealing with the bank directly. Killers had my approval approved in a matter of days, which is the complete opposite of what i have heard from people who are dealing directly with banks. In addition the extra advice he has offered in terms of how much to offer, when to make the offer etc has been invaluable. Finally as someone who is not Irish and unfamiliar with the buying process here it is great to have someone to guide me through the process and that i can contact at any time i have a question. You'll hardly get anywhere near that level of serivce by going to the bank directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I didn't use killers, but regret that, as i've ended up PM'ing him questions/seeking advice anyway (which he has very kindly helped me with) . I thought myself very familiar with the process (i've spent 4 years reading while renting) but it's the nitty gritty stuff that can be a pain - when exactly do i start the house insurance from, details on loan offer expiry, is it okay to accept the loan offer with a title issue etc etc.

If I was doing it all over again, i'd definitely use killers to take some of the pain and stress out of worrying about the little things - someone to turn to who has been through the process time and again.

I found my AIB advisor to be only okay - slow at responding and didn't care too much once i got initial approval.

Advertisement