Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading sound/Headset

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:12am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

Hoping this is the right section, was going to use headphones but didn't feel right so feel free to move it if needs be :)

Hi All,

looking for some help :) I have a PC i built myself many moons ago, just using a standard soundcard that's built into the Motherboard (can link if needs be) and then using a normal set of speakers for when i need sound on it. Generally though my sound will come from a headset for gaming or just listening to music/movies etc.

I have a set of trittons that i got for my ps3 that have 2 3.5mm jacks on them and i plug into a small usb to phono jack that i got with an old logitech headset. I want to upgrade my sound though and I'm not really sure where to go.

I don't really need speakers so i don't think a new internal soundcard is needed.

Also would prefer to shop bricks and mortar if possible as i don't have access to a creditcard (have a laser though)

budget is in and around 200 (less preferred)

Cheers!
    Splinty

Advertisement