Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recondition '07 Ford Fiesta alternator or buy new one?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi All,

My 2007 Ford Fiesta alternator is giving trouble. The battery is charging fine and the car is starting but the bearing in the alternator is making some noise. I had it up on the lift and took off the belt and pinpointed that its the alternator.

My question is: Since its the bearing is it cheaper to get the alternator reconditioned or else buy a brand new alternator?

Cheers, Will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Buy a new one is my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

another option is buying a reconditioned alternator instead of getting you own one reconditioned

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭will.in.cork

Buy a new one is my advice.

Do the prices work out the same?

Any idea what a recondition of my alternator would cost?

How much for a brand new one?

Cheers

Advertisement