Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone5 insurance with gadgetinsurance.com

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi folks, I am looking to insure my new iphone5 and never realized it would be so difficult. I have coma across many threads here that discuss different insurance companies but none that discuss gadgetinsurance.com.

The difference in prices is what is getting to me. Most sites i look at provide full insurance including loss of the device for €12.99 per month.... that's fine. But, then I came across gadgetinsurance.com, they provide full insurance for only €6.79 per month. I have looked through their terms and conditions and tried to compare them with other sites but there is too much information in them.

Has anyone had any experiences with this crowd as it seems way too good to be true!

P.S. As suggested in many other threads, I don't have a house insurance policy in my name so this it not a feasible option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 skir2000

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

No experience but can't see anything wrong with 'm. As usual have a good read though the policy document for exclusions and excess (€75-€100 in your case).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

Look through the t&c's no matter how big they are. There might be something there to sting ya like for instance they might only pay out a percentage of the cost to replace the phone if you lose it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It will only cover the cost of a 16GB model. Anything higher and you're losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Have you looked at Chill Gadget Insurance?

• Advertisement

thanks for all of your replies. I have looked at chill gadget insurance and many others, and they are all coming in at about €12.99 per month for full cover. My main reason for asking questions on this is because gadgetinsurance.com APPEAR to provide the same cover for half the price.

Does anyone know anything about loss of the phone in a taxi? I see gadgetinsurance.com state that loss in a commercial vehicle is not covered. Has anyone lost a phone in a taxi with a different insurance company. The only reason I would sign up for the loss insurance is so that in case I would lose it. And the most likely place I would do so would be on a night out in a taxi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

skir2000 wrote: »
    thanks for all of your replies. I have looked at chill gadget insurance and many others, and they are all coming in at about €12.99 per month for full cover. My main reason for asking questions on this is because gadgetinsurance.com APPEAR to provide the same cover for half the price.

Does anyone know anything about loss of the phone in a taxi? I see gadgetinsurance.com state that loss in a commercial vehicle is not covered. Has anyone lost a phone in a taxi with a different insurance company. The only reason I would sign up for the loss insurance is so that in case I would lose it. And the most likely place I would do so would be on a night out in a taxi :(
    The only way to know for sure is look through the terms and conditions. There will be a specific section about loss

Thanks for the help everyone. I will let you know how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Are you with Ulster Bank?
    If so, you can get the UFirst account, it's a current account that costs a tenner a month, but there are numerous benefits, one of which is phone insurance - I have my iPhone 5 insured with it.
    You also get 25% back on tickets bought through Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I too would be interested in someones views on Gadget insurance.

• Advertisement

Not with UB but that sounds like a very interesting option. I will look into it, thanks

I just want to add, there is a gadgetinsurance.ie and a gadgetinsurance.com. They are both different!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

If you lose your phone in a commercial vehicle but its not covered then just say you lost your phone somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

grinder23 wrote: »
    If you lose your phone in a commercial vehicle but its not covered then just say you lost your phone somewhere else

Just to be clear, you're advocating someone commits insurance fraud?

Advertisement