Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racking tower servers in a Server Rack

Options
  • 11-04-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Got my hands on a 24U server rack yesterday, and am looking at racking a few machines... some are actually rack mountable, which i have rails for, others are tower machines, and some are rack mountable, but without rails...

I have been looking at getting my hands on a few shelves for some smaller hardware (cable modems, NAS, smaller devices, etc) but i am wondering if they will take a server?

The server rack is a proper Dell 2410 server rack, and has mounts on both the back and front, so a shelf that has mounting holes in multiple locations for sturdiness may work... any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

If you contact wood communications, long mile road, they will be able to answer your queries.
    Dell racks can be different but should accommodate 'normal' 19" rack shelves.
    http://www.woodcomm.ie/cabinets-enclosures.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Oh yeah - shelves would take a server that is a non rack mountable server on its side or even standing up of you have the space

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

Cool. thanks! will give them a shout.

Advertisement