Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Swords Centre

Options
  • 11-04-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

EDIT: Did a search and the nearest thread is 2yrs old so things might have changed in the meantime.

Starting a new job on Monday in Swords and I just want to know where the best and cheapest place to park is. Ill be working near the Swords Pavillion. I know I can park in the underground carpark for around €1 for 3hrs but it gets pricey after the first 3. Is there any on street parking nearby that is free. I dont mind walking 10mins in any direction.

Ill be working Mon-Fri 9-5.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hogzy wrote: »
    I know I can park in the underground carpark for around €1 for 3hrs but it gets pricey after the first 3
    Isn't there a staff parking rate? There are signs on the entrance requesting staff to park on level 5 IIRC so I presumed they get a special rate. I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Isn't there a staff parking rate? There are signs on the entrance requesting staff to park on level 5 IIRC so I presumed they get a special rate. I'm open to correction.

10er a day afaik. OP said working near pavillions though, so mightn't qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jimdagym wrote: »
    10er a day afaik. OP said working near pavillions though, so mightn't qualify.

Spot on, im not working in Pavillions. I obviously dont want to say who I am working for. But its within a stones throw from Pavillions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a car park off Main Street, behind Centra, the Cock Tavern etc. If you get there early enough you could get lucky, but you could get blocked in and wouldn't be able to get your car out before 5.30 - 6 pm. There's also a car park under the Plaza apartments - turn right at the Garda station, then first left and the entrance is down on the right. I think they charge €8 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You could also park at Airside (no fee) - about 10 mins walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

You could also park at Airside (no fee) - about 10 mins walk away.

Clampers very active there now.:mad: Think its either 2 or 3 hrs free.
    Then you are at the mercy of the clampers.
    AleoN

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You'd definitely be clamped at Airside after a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Could you park in the Longlands estate or is that all yellow lines now?

Or park in Foxwood and walk over the bridge?

Or park up the small road coming from the Old School House going towards Penneys (This parking may be illegal so double check).

Or could try up in Highfields estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

A friend who works in the pavilions parks up past topaz on Dublin rd. Theres markings that make it look like pay and display but it isn't its free. Just up toward the roundabout at pinnock hill there. 5 mins walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

AleoN wrote: »
    Clampers very active there now.:mad: Think its either 2 or 3 hrs free.
    Then you are at the mercy of the clampers.
    AleoN

I noticed that some people were taking the piss there and using it as an airport long term car park. Seeing that under the Wright Venue there is a long term car park that runs a shuttle to the airport you can understand why they've nipped that in the bud.

On suggestion I could make is the Lord Mayors which does have a large and mostly empty carpark. Although after a few days of parking there I'm sure they'd get a bit annoyed. You could negotiate with the management there I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Larianne wrote: »

Or park up the small road coming from the Old School House going towards Penneys (This parking may be illegal so double check).

I believe that Highfields is now parking permit only. The residents got so annoyed with people parking everywhere, even blocking driveways in some cases. I hear that Boroimhe (not sure if all or just parts) has now started using parking permits also. People driving in, parking in other people's spots and heading off to work /town for the day. Or in my friends case, a family parked up and went on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Larianne wrote: »

Highfields and Long lands are pay parking. Warden pays a visit at least twice a day.
    Residents permits also apply which they have to pay an annual fee for.
    AleoN

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

seanmacc wrote: »
    I noticed that some people were taking the piss there and using it as an airport long term car park. Seeing that under the Wright Venue there is a long term car park that runs a shuttle to the airport you can understand why they've nipped that in the bud.

On suggestion I could make is the Lord Mayors which does have a large and mostly empty carpark. Although after a few days of parking there I'm sure they'd get a bit annoyed. You could negotiate with the management there I'm sure.

The Lord Mayors will clamp your car. Happened to my Dad.

Didn't know about Longlands or Highfields. Times have changed! :pac:

Could maybe try the area where Church Road meets the Rathbeale Road/Bridge street (Where the Public Health Nurse office is). Always cars parked there buy maybe if early in the morning can get a space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Hey folks,

EDIT: Did a search and the nearest thread is 2yrs old so things might have changed in the meantime.

Starting a new job on Monday in Swords and I just want to know where the best and cheapest place to park is. Ill be working near the Swords Pavillion. I know I can park in the underground carpark for around €1 for 3hrs but it gets pricey after the first 3. Is there any on street parking nearby that is free. I dont mind walking 10mins in any direction.

Ill be working Mon-Fri 9-5.

Thanks guys

The parking up past Topaz is free and there are always spots at 8am when I drive by.... later there is still a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

You could talk to Head who does the parking for the Town Centre Mall, he might be able to give you a good daily rate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Maybe a completely silly suggestion and i mean no offence, this is only a query, but are you driving because you cannot use public transport or cycle even?

Morpheus wrote: »
    Maybe a completely silly suggestion and i mean no offence, this is only a query, but are you driving because you cannot use public transport or cycle even?

Living in Dun Laoghaire until I find suitable accommodation. I wouldnt fancy cycling that! Or getting the Dart and a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

AleoN wrote: »
    Highfields and Long lands are pay parking. Warden pays a visit at least twice a day.
    Residents permits also apply which they have to pay an annual fee for.
    AleoN

Carlton Court opposite the Topaz on the main street isn't permit parking though. They have a 'Residents Parking Only' sign up but that's just to put people off but there isn't any parking company operating there.
    So as long as one pays their car tax & don't block someone's driveway they're perfectly entitled to do so. I'm not encouraging that mind you, nor would I park in there myself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Living in Dun Laoghaire until I find suitable accommodation. I wouldnt fancy cycling that! Or getting the Dart and a bus.

I wouldnt fancy driving it! Get a dart into town and get the Swords Express out. quicker than driving it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

peteb2 wrote: »
    I wouldnt fancy driving it! Get a dart into town and get the Swords Express out. quicker than driving it.

Gosh, I'd be the total opposite...into the car for that kind of drive on a daily basis unless I was going out in town afterwards and expected to have a few drinks. Once I get into a two bus/train scenario, the car comes out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Dunno what the Dart is like but the Swords Express is pretty punctual departing Eden Quay and a short hop from Tara St. station.

The dart takes the bones of an 45mins to get from sandycove to Connolly. The bus would take another 20-30mins. It would also cost around €10 per day. Car will be quicker and cheaper if I can sort parking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Even if you factored in your parking, are you not taking the M50 over and back = €3.10 x 2 = €6.20. Estimated fuel cost €4.45. So you are are €10.65 before you even park. Probably a 45 min trip on the m50. Swords Express have you from town to the Pavs in 20 mins flat.

Advertisement