Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WCS eu qualifiers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Are the Korean invites obliged to take their invites? Could be a fast track to the finals but could also rule them out of future GSL's

Jong Hyun 'Mvp' Jung (LG-IM)
    Seong Won 'MMA' Mun (Acer)
    Ji Soo 'ForGG' Park (Millenium)

"By participating in the European WCS Premier Division, players are not allowed to participate in another region for all seasons of 2013."

2 players qualify from 512 in the open brackets. Variance is gonna bite someone in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Those Koreans have already made the choice to play Eu and cannot play any gsl/osl this year

also i think this is only the qualifier for premier aka code S eu version , there will be another set later on for challenger league which is same as code A and i think that will have 16 spots to fill

Anyone that actually wins these will defiently earn it lol

Here the full list of already invited players http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/9447314/Season_1_Premier_League_Player_List-4_10_2013
    and here is the list for invited or player who are going to try and qualify for NA :D you can see why there not happy:
    LG-IM_NesTea
    Azubu.viOLet
    Quantic.TheStC
    Quantic.HyuN
    Quantic.Center
    Liquid`TaeJa
    Liquid`HerO
    Liquid`Zenio
    EG.JYP.RC
    EG.aLive.RC
    EG.Oz.RC
    EG.Jaedong.RC
    EG.Revival.RC
    AX.Miya
    AX.Ryung
    AX.Heart
    AX.Alicia
    AX.CranK
    ROOT.Sage
    CMStorm_Polt

There is only 8 additional spots available in the open bracket. Some of them won't make the cut.

This is disastrous to be honest. I was hoping to see more foreigners duking it out and the finals being were the koreans dominate; but it looks like NA is going to be full of koreans and its going to badly dilute the GSL as the top worldwide competition

• Advertisement

8 spots for premier , alot will of them will end up making challenger tho , then some likes teaja and mc who already played code s got to wait till season and tru and make it , eu looks alot more exciting to me then NA alot of top eu players and a few top koreans mixed in too

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Where's unholygregor when you need him? He'd win the whole thing.

murphzor wrote: »
    Where's unholygregor when you need him? He'd win the whole thing.

He's still waiting on that surgery to get his head out of his ass

seems like esl screwed over alot of people with the 2nd one , moved time for checkin by 1 hour and made bracket half the size without telling anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Grimebox wrote: »
    There is only 8 additional spots available in the open bracket. Some of them won't make the cut.

This is disastrous to be honest. I was hoping to see more foreigners duking it out and the finals being were the koreans dominate; but it looks like NA is going to be full of koreans and its going to badly dilute the GSL as the top worldwide competition

The current GSL season contains players that are as good if not better than all the above players. Only a few of them would make Code S,

I've subscribed to this season of GSL.
    The likes of Squirtle, Rain, DRG, MC, MKP and Creator couldn't even make it out of Ro32 - the rest of them are that good.

Innovation is amazing !

• Advertisement

Holy **** !!!!!

1 of the groups drawn for the Ro16 - never seen such a Group of Death ever

Flash
    Innovation
    Parting
    Life

Free to watch here http://www.gomtv.net/2013wcs1/vod/72032

lets see if life can shock me again

May 2nd , mark it down ! Best group I've ever seen, I can't wait ! :D , and being commented on by my favourite casters (Tastosis)
    Perfect day !

LQ is free if you watch it live ...it'll be on from about 9am(ish) I think, I've already subscribed though so can see the VODs later.

Since GSL is now wcs blizz have made them offer free 720 on there site and twitch , will be 10.10am

GosuIrish wrote: »
    Since GSL is now wcs blizz have made them offer free 720 on there site and twitch , will be 10.10am

Yeah, it's only Live though isn't it ? You're fecked if you try to find VODs.
    More often than not I was in school/work/bed whenever it was on so always had to watch VODs....and stay away from Reddit or Teamliquid where they post spoilers of everything

Yes just live for HD gotta pay for vods and live 1080 ,

So did anyone watch GSL Group today ?
    Just finished with teh whole thing now, Amazing - and disappointing.
    Disappointed with the outcome , but the games themselves were of the highest quality.

To be expected I suppose from the best group for SC2 in any tournament ever !

How do you watch them again? I missed WCS EU and would like to watch Nania v TLO

GSL was unreal earlier. Every game was top notch

Grimebox wrote: »
    How do you watch them again? I missed WCS EU and would like to watch Nania v TLO

GSL was unreal earlier. Every game was top notch

It's not up yet Grimebox,

But it will probably be at some stage tomorrow.
    You should be able to find ALL the VOD's here

http://www.twitch.tv/wcs_europe/videos

Best way to find VODs for any specific tournament btw...is

1. E.g take the WCS Europe ,, go to teamliquid , find it under events
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Premier_Tournaments

2. Select the Tab you want, to Premier League in the WCS Europe, Scroll down to the groups or brackets
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Season_1_Europe/Premier

3. At the top of each is an icon of a "tv" , which is a link to any VODs available

This is the same for GSL, MLG etc, they will link you to the vods, but it may be the case that you had to be a subscriber to view them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Watched NaNiwa/TLO last night, great result for TLO - he had NaNi tilted.

Gutted I didn't see the Korean "Group of Death" - was watching State of the Game last night (Kaelaris, Tod and QXC as guests) and the lads were all raving about Parting and Innovation.

As an aside, I'm enjoying Kaelaris and Tod as a casting pair for WCS Europe.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I constantly use liquipedia but had no idea you could access VOD's through it

Shiminay wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't see the Korean "Group of Death" - was watching State of the Game last night (Kaelaris, Tod and QXC as guests) and the lads were all raving about Parting and Innovation.

If you really want to see it Shiminay, PM me.
    I'll give you my GSL GomTV account to use for the weekend, you can watch the VODs in HQ ;)

There's a good 3-4 hours watching involved :D

I tried waking up for gsl but my body just said No , Really liking wcs eu so far too , it on at a time where there normally not much for sc2 going on glad there finally got a co-caster for Kaelaris liking the pairing so far really interested to see what they do for Ro16 on when all players will be at the studio to play

Advertisement