Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness is not good for Waterford

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Like the way you all avoided that one,

If i took a B+Q worker and asked them would they buy any product from B+Q in any of their other stores in Ireland what would their answer be? No

If Talk Talk had products/packages for sale in Waterford would their former workers buy products from them? NO

Why? out of principal

Right before we end this off-topic nonsense,

Firstly, some massive big presumptions on your part, shame they are wrong

I was in B&Q today and overheard staff talking about stuff they had bought in the closing down sale. Of course if what you said was true they'd never buy anything surely?

As for TalkTalk, I know of atleast two ex-TalkTalk employee's who have TalkTalk services in the UK.

I also know numerous ex-TalkTalk employee's who continue to avail of services from CarphoneWarehouse stores.

Carphonewarehouse was/is of course affectively still owned by TalkTalk Group PLC and was only separated off shortly before the Waterford site was closed.

Carphonewarehouse is basically still owned by them though as Charles Dunstone is still the chairman the same as he is for TalkTalk. Any ex-employee would be under no illusions in relation to this as they'd be fully aware that it was infact CPW who purchased AOL (incl Waterford) and CPW later rebranded part of the business as TalkTalk Group.

Given more or less half of Waterford is ex-TalkTalk/AOL on some level (:pac:) and that the Carphonewarehouse store is still open in Waterford this clearly proves you are wrong.

Of course people could boycott the store I suppose, but then that will only add to Waterford's unemployment problem when it closes due to people being idiots. No doubt somebody would then start a thread here complaining about job losses and how the government didn't try to save them.
    :rolleyes:

Oh we cant answer you on this one so we'll say B+Q doesnt exist anymore and this has nothing to do with B+Q.

yeah, there's a good reason why they said that this has nothing to do with B&Q....because it doesn't.

no further off-topic nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

O Riain wrote: »
    List of pubs that sell the beers guys!

The ones i know off are Oscars, Cove, Geoffs, kasbah, revolution, Grimes, boat club and downes. Metalman pale ale is draft only so its not in shops.

Actually plenty more as well. T and H's, Munster and Murphys. Theres a great app by beoir that shows you the pubs that serve craft beers all over Ireland. Very handy when looking for a beer when away and you Dont want to get stuck with a pub that only sells diageo and heineken muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

The ones i know off are Oscars, Cove, Geoffs, kasbah, revolution, Grimes, boat club and downes. Metalman pale ale is draft only so its not in shops.

I don't think Downes have Metalman, they didn't up until about 3 weeks ago anyway. They do have the Dungarvan beer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Cabaal wrote: »
    Right before we end this off-topic nonsense,

Firstly, some massive big presumptions on your part, shame they are wrong

I was in B&Q today and overheard staff talking about stuff they had bought in the closing down sale. Of course if what you said was true they'd never buy anything surely?

As for TalkTalk, I know of atleast two ex-TalkTalk employee's who have TalkTalk services in the UK.

I also know numerous ex-TalkTalk employee's who continue to avail of services from CarphoneWarehouse stores.

Carphonewarehouse was/is of course affectively still owned by TalkTalk Group PLC and was only separated off shortly before the Waterford site was closed.

Carphonewarehouse is basically still owned by them though as Charles Dunstone is still the chairman the same as he is for TalkTalk. Any ex-employee would be under no illusions in relation to this as they'd be fully aware that it was infact CPW who purchased AOL (incl Waterford) and CPW later rebranded part of the business as TalkTalk Group.

Given more or less half of Waterford is ex-TalkTalk/AOL on some level (:pac:) and that the Carphonewarehouse store is still open in Waterford this clearly proves you are wrong.

Of course people could boycott the store I suppose, but then that will only add to Waterford's unemployment problem when it closes due to people being idiots. No doubt somebody would then start a thread here complaining about job losses and how the government didn't try to save them.
    :rolleyes:

yeah, there's a good reason why they said that this has nothing to do with B&Q....because it doesn't.

no further off-topic nonsense.

Oh right fair enough, get the last word in and close the off topic tak, fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Oh right fair enough, get the last word in and close the off topic tak, fair enough.

It's good to be the king

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I don't think Downes have Metalman, they didn't up until about 3 weeks ago anyway. They do have the Dungarvan beer though.

Should have been clearer i was just naming some places that gave the customer of craft beers, not just the regular big sponsor brands.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think it helped he clear it up and give background as to why the conversation shouldn't continue, because a lot of people found your suggestion a bit daft. :) Your more then welcome to PM Cabaal if you want to discuss your grievances with his moderation but I think we would all prefer we got back to the main topic at hand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Nicely put Sully, i still think hes just talking complete ****e:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

O Riain wrote: »
    List of pubs that sell the beers guys!

www.tinyurl.com/BeoirFinder

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

irish_goat wrote: »

Can you publish the list here (with the link of course) instead of directing people off site? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Sully wrote: »
    Can you publish the list here (with the link of course) instead of directing people off site? :)

There isn't really a list. The best thing is for people to download the app and then they can see which pub is nearest to wherever they are.

Advertisement