Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial interest rates!?

• 11-04-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all, I am currently in the middle of a project for college and I'm doing a residual valuation on the purchase of land in navan to construct a 72 bed nursing home.

My question is what interest rate to use for construction costs? I would be borrowing about 5 million. Plus what is a base interest rate? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

3-month EURIBOR would be your base rate. Margin would be based on the risk, say 3-4% on top..

http://www.euribor-rates.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paulbut2000

Ok cool thanks, so I see a rate of 0.554% gor 3 month so your saying 3.554% would be the interest rate adding 3% for risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

I would say to factor in a rate somewhat closer to7/8%. The days of cheap money are over and especially the risk associated with a nursing home these days any bank would deamand a decent risk premium closer to 5%. I also think that when banks are pricing loans these days that the euribor is largely ignored and their sole focus will be on the risk and what the project entails. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement