Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G&P Sentry Barrel Nut

• 11-04-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I currently have a G&P sentry VLTOR which is got last year ( which I love) and I'm looking to install a longer outer barrel which I have already received.
    I have taken everything off the barrel;, rails( DD Lite 7.0) gasblock etc.
    Problem is, try as I might, I cannot get the barrel nut off. It will not budge at all, I've used the armourer's wrench aswell as a variety of gripping tools but it simply will not budge. I've even tryed to get it moving with a hammer and screw driver. It's my suspicion that it was glued like the flash hider. I tryed heating it with a hair dryer, following that failure, with an open flame. If anyone has any ideas it'd be fantastic. I'm just worried that i will snap my upper receiver thanks to the force that's required.

From research it's anti-clockwise i need to turn, but I tryed the other direction too in my desperation.
    Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys,
    Stephen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Not sure if you've solved this issue or not and do you have a pic of the barrel nut you are trying to remove please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stephenw

Hi there, thanks for the reply, Here is a near identical situation to my gun, just off the internet: http://alturl.com/o6kwu issue is still not resolved, but I have a new rail system which comes with a barrel nut so I'm considering dremmeling the old nut off when the new one arrives.
    Thanks.

stephenw wrote: »
    Hi there, thanks for the reply, Here is a near identical situation to my gun, just off the internet: http://alturl.com/o6kwu issue is still not resolved, but I have a new rail system which comes with a barrel nut so I'm considering dremmeling the old nut off when the new one arrives.
    Thanks.

Now when you say barrel nut, are you talking about the large piece or the small circled piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stephenw

I'm talking about the circular nut, closest to the barrel. The ring that the rail system bolts to is also held on by this from what I can see.

I'm talking about the circular nut, closest to the barrel. The ring that the rail system bolts to is also held on by this from what I can see.

From the available pics, it looks like it should be tapped out with a Rubber Mallet or maybe a Hammer + piece of wood, after you find the grub screw(s) that is keeping it locked

Also, I've no idea if this would work and just using logic to be honest ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Can you throw up some more pics from different angles....i have an idea that worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Hi firstly did you buy the aeg new,
    The reason I ask if it was second hand, nut lock or super glue might have been used, And I stress might have been. Or it could be cross threaded,
    You need to make sure all grub screws pins etc that might hold it in place have been removed, Then you need to be 100% sure it actually screws of, If all of the above have been checked and there is still no budge and if the body is metal use heat, A camping stove is good and has worked for me in the past, Make sure you do not over heat and watch your hands, Twist the nut around the flame to ensure the nut is evenly heated, I did not check to see were you are based but if you are close to south Killkenny I might be able to help

Rgds

Davy
    Hi Everyone,
    I currently have a G&P sentry VLTOR which is got last year ( which I love) and I'm looking to install a longer outer barrel which I have already received.
    I have taken everything off the barrel;, rails( DD Lite 7.0) gasblock etc.
    Problem is, try as I might, I cannot get the barrel nut off. It will not budge at all, I've used the armourer's wrench aswell as a variety of gripping tools but it simply will not budge. I've even tryed to get it moving with a hammer and screw driver. It's my suspicion that it was glued like the flash hider. I tryed heating it with a hair dryer, following that failure, with an open flame. If anyone has any ideas it'd be fantastic. I'm just worried that i will snap my upper receiver thanks to the force that's required.

From research it's anti-clockwise i need to turn, but I tryed the other direction too in my desperation.
    Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys,
    Stephen.

Advertisement