Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2: Awards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Based only on who Ive played. And my own sense of self-satisfaction. :)

Coach of the Year: Redskins Methodical, efficient.
    Best Newcomer: Im only new myself soI don't really know who's eligible...Seahawks?:p
    Best Offense: Falcons I could not get to grips at all. Only time all year.
    Best Defense: Redskins Held me to 3 points...
    Quarterback of the Year: RG3 Kept my own offense off the field, made plays on land and in the air.
    Running Back of the Year: Lynch All the eggs were in his basket.
    Wide Receiver of the Year: DeSean Jackson Kept me honest.
    Tight End of the Year: Vernon Davis Little bit of NFC West love.
    Defensive Player of the Year: Sherman Was the game-changer so often for me. 14ints and 5tds, all against human opponents.
    MVP: RG3

As regards RB,might I just point out that Lynch has carried my Seahawks to the playoffs. Ive had little other offense. MJD is a worthy choice though too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Davis....just for that catch down the middle, went up against three hawks and came down with the rock, never seen anything like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Coach of the Year: Raiders
    Best Newcomer: Seahawks
    Best Offense: Pittsburg Steelers
    Best Defense: Chargers ( Shane Cos, took me too long to figure it out )
    Quarterback of the Year: RG3
    Running Back of the Year: MJD
    Wide Receiver of the Year: DeSean Jackson
    Tight End of the Year: Jermaine Gresham
    Defensive Player of the Year: Trent Cole
    MVP: RGIII

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

You guys are all nuts. Gronk did a far superior job than Stupid Gresham. :pac:

Same avg yards per catch, same amount of receiving TD's, same avg yards after catch, 1/3 the amount of drops that Stupid Gresham had, and his longest was a whole yard longer!

Answer me this, did Stupid Gresham have any rushing TD's this season?

Coach of the Year: Jags
    Best Newcomer:Who is eligible? Seahawks,Dolphins?
    Best Offense: Raiders
    Best Defense: Chiefs
    Quarterback of the Year: Jason Merian, RG3 had 70 sacks, 70?
    Running Back of the Year: MJD
    Wide Receiver of the Year: Calvin JR
    Tight End of the Year: Gronk
    Defensive Player of the Year:
    *MVP: MJD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

RG3 would be scrambling alot I imagine,higher sack count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Also, how is being sacked 70 times a negative on the QB? Surely it's actually a plus, he has the incredible stats he has despite a seemingly porous O-Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

RG3 and Cam are 2 of the most sacked QBs in the league. They also are probably the best at running. Neither O-line is porous in the slightest, the sacks are just when you try to scramble and get tripped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You guys are all nuts. Gronk did a far superior job than Stupid Gresham. :pac:

Answer me this, did Stupid Gresham have any rushing TD's this season?

Your TE has a rushing TD? :eek:

Nothing like that in my playbook!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Your TE has a rushing TD? :eek:

Nothing like that in my playbook!
    It's a triple reverse, HB pass, QB rollout, LG Draw fumblerooksi play-action hailmary TE keeper >_>

Nah, for some reason Gronk becomes the FB in the pro formation, and it was a FB run on the goal line.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

It's a triple reverse, HB pass, QB rollout, LG Draw fumblerooksi play-action hailmary TE keeper >_>

Nah, for some reason Gronk becomes the FB in the pro formation, and it was a FB run on the goal line.

Did you cut your fullback?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Even if you have one he might be gassed so a TE or who ever is next on the depth chart takes the FB position

No, still have Kettani. He shows up out of the I, strong I, weak I, Goal line, just for some reason Gronk gets subbed in to the FB position when a play out of the pro set from the gun is called.
    You can see it at 3:56 in this video. Gun - Split Patriot. #87 is in the backfield

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

No, still have Kettani. He shows up out of the I, strong I, weak I, Goal line, just for some reason Gronk gets subbed in to the FB position when a play out of the pro set from the gun is called.
    You can see it at 3:56 in this video. Gun - Split Patriot. #87 is in the backfield

Then it is just a case of the Dark Lord Belichick trying to create favorable matchups.

Most tight ends are awesome as full backs because of their speed, catching and run blocking. I played Heath Miller as a FB for most of the season, he was better thank Hester. Hester played tight end, thats why Hester had all the yards and TDs and got more pro-bowl votes than Leach

Advertisement