Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnightly Standing Order Questions

Options
  • 11-04-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

I am wanting to get my account into very good order and as I am paid fortnightly I also want my important bills taken care of on the day I get paid.
    I have been doing this using the money transfer - future dating option but this only allows payments up to 60 days in advance and is therefore tedious to maintain. 
    I want to now set up Mortgage (other instution), 2 utility payments and a Car HP payment so that they get a bit every 2 weeks but enough to cover the required ammount due by end of month.   I know that this equates to 2 extray payments per year but all the instutions concerened allow this.

2 questions are:
    Why is there no set start date option when I select fortnightly?  I would expect to say set this to 18-Apr and the item to trigger that day and then recuur every 2 weeks from that date.

I believe this is dealt with at branch level, am I quicker/better setting this up over the phone or in-branch?

Thanks,
    Cha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi charleymax,

Thanks for posting.

This can be set up through 365Online banking. When you first enter the details you will be asked to key in the frequency but you will not be asked for a start date at this stage. The system will then send you a security code by post to activate the standing order. When you are activating the standing order you will then be asked to key in a start date.

A standing order can be requested with your branch by completing a Standing Order Mandate form but cannot be set up over the phone.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement