Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad bought in the US

Options
  • 11-04-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to California for the summer and intend to buy an iPad mini while I'm over there.
    Does anyone know if they are region locked in any way or if this might cause problems in the App Store or anything when I get back to Ireland?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I wouldn't imagine so, just use the Irish store locale and you should be set.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I got the Ipad in the States about 3 years ago when i went over there.

And No it was not Region Locked.. I got the 3g & Wifi 64 Gb Ipad.. Once you buy it in the Apple Store you should be Save,

Same goes with the Iphones buy them Sim Free in the Apple Store. you can use any Sim

• Registered Users Posts: 6 susan92

I was going to get a WiFi one without the 3G so there shouldn't be any problems with sims hopefully

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

susan92 wrote: »
    I was going to get a WiFi one without the 3G so there shouldn't be any problems with sims hopefully

Well Wifi doesn't use any sims so you are in the clear there, 3G variants may be region locked but that won't apply to you

Nick

Advertisement