Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Hand Uniforms

• 11-04-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could buy second hand beaver/cub uniforms? it's a new unit so doesn't have a swap system in place yet. Three from the one family joining at the same time so it is turning into an expensive operation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Your best bet is probably to contact some other local units.
    I haven't been involved in scouting for a number of years due to time constraints, but is it possible to give a time scale for families to purchase a uniform, say three or six months. I'd hate to think that someone would miss out due to the initial cost. That said I appreciate that uniforms are compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I can give you one beaver uniform free - my girls have moved to cubs (I've already given the other one to a friend who's daughter is starting in beavers too). It's the smaller of the two sizes. It has been 'pre-loved' but still is reasonable condition. Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

No need to buy the expensive jumpers really, you can pick them up in Dunnes and just buy the badges.
    After that kneckers, woggles, etc are pretty reasonable

R

Advertisement