Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rain cover..

• 11-04-2013 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I've used a few over the years and all without exception got blown apart, but I'm in the market for another.

Is anyone using one you could recommend with confidence?..

The other thing I dread about them ~ creepy crawlies, and the fvcking things are a breeding ground for the little whores :o

So one I could fold and put away or hang up would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

Oxford Stormx excellent cover, there really heavy and strong. Mines a little too big so I tie up up the front and back slack with some garden padded flexy ties i got on the 2 euro shop, stops it flapping around like a bin bag in wind.

Id expect the stormx to last a good few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a couple at home, both new and unused. If you're interested let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I use two of the bog standard cheap ones from Argos...and they are perfect. I got them nearly 2 yrs ago now and never a moment bother, I also got a spare one in aldi/lidl and it does the job.

No need to be buying expensive ones for €30-50 euro with an Alpinstars logo TBH.

Get 2 cheap ones that will cost 25 yoyos and you sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Favourite one I have is one from lidle or aldi, had it a couple of years now, works great.

Bought a light oxford one for another bike in Halfords which I don't like and it has ripped very easily in a couple of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

have one of those cheapish Moto gp ones,
    does the job grand with no problems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KTRIC wrote: »
    I have a couple at home, both new and unused. If you're interested let me know.

Cheers, I'll take the cheapest ~ 'cause I'm a cheap kunt :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Oxford stormex is the best I've come across. My bikes get lashed out of it with the wind where they are and every cover I had before these came apart. Lidl one lasted about 3weeks! I've had one of mine for 6 years now and it's still perfect.
    Expensive enough at 50 sterling from Crossans I think but worth it if you want something that lasts

Advertisement