Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen fitting cost?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

How much should I estimate for a flat pack kitchen? Ikea are quoting €1200 which seems rather excessive. anyone any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Not much information to go on there - do they have to take away existing kitchen, what size is new kitchen, what's the layout etc. etc.

We used these guys for Ikea wardrobes - very professional and stuck to time and price quoted.

http://www.flatpack.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

no existing kitchen, new drainage and electrics being put in (the area is currently a dining room). No existing kitchen to remove. Area is L shaped.
    5 tall tall units, 8- 10 under counter units, worktop, upstand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

If you think €1200 is excessive how much do you think it should cost ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

hexosan wrote: »
    If you think €1200 is excessive how much do you think it should cost ??

Umm, I don't have an exact figure in mind. It's just that that fitting it is more than 1/3 of cost of the kitchen!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Even some of the IKEA sales staff will tell you that IKEA installation is excessively priced and is more cost effective to source the labour yourself. It does depend on size of kitchen but for a long L-shape I have been quoted average cost of installation of units at 350-450 euro. Any plumbing, electical work is extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Greendiamond

We paid 750 for ours to be fitted. L shaped with an island. This was pre assembled, not flat pack

Advertisement