Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 the final dgw

• 11-04-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭

I know its a few weeks away and the fixtures havent been confirmed for that date yet but potentially with the teams that are playing it could work out more important than GW33. Transfers made this week are in a lot of cases going to affect GW 36.

Back matches that need to be arranged are chelsea v spurs and city v west brom. This will give us 6 teams with a dgw.
    Swansea V City H Wigan A
    Wigan V WBA A Swansea H
    City V Swansea A Wba H
    WBa V Wigan H City A
    Chelsea V Utd A Spurs H
    Spurs v Southampton H Chelsea A

Possible complications that could arise are the fa cup final which is GW 37 so either City or Chelsea will play in this and it takes place 3-4 days after the midweek double. It will result in a gw 37 game being pushed to the midweek of GW 37 giving either city or chelsea 4 games in 10 days so expect massive rotation from both sides.
    Things get even more complicated if Chelsea reach the Fa cup final and the Europa league final as the europa league final is in the midweek of GW37 so Chelsea wont be able to refix their GW 37 game for the midweek.
    Potentially giving Chelsea a blank GW37 and two double GWs or even a triple GW.
    Gw 36 may4
    midweek games may 7/8
    GW 37 May 12 Fa cup final is May 11
    may15 league games cancelled because of fa cup final and europa league final.

My aim for gw 36 is to play 352 with bale michu mata hazard maloney aguero suarez being my front 7. With this in mind I brought in anichebe 4.3 this week for my cheap attacking option to free up funds to get michu and bale in over the next two weeks.
    I reckon for me the best scenario is for chelsea to beat city in the semi and also reach the europa league final.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I know its a few weeks away and the fixtures havent been confirmed for that date yet but potentially with the teams that are playing it could work out more important than GW33. Transfers made this week are in a lot of cases going to affect GW 36.

Back matches that need to be arranged are chelsea v spurs and city v west brom. This will give us 6 teams with a dgw.
    Swansea V City H Wigan A
    Wigan V WBA A Swansea H
    City V Swansea A Wba H
    WBa V Wigan H City A
    Chelsea V Utd A Spurs H
    Spurs v Southampton H Chelsea A

Possible complications that could arise are the fa cup final which is GW 37 so either City or Chelsea will play in this and it takes place 3-4 days after the midweek double. It will result in a gw 37 game being pushed to the midweek of GW 37 giving either city or chelsea 4 games in 10 days so expect massive rotation from both sides.
    Things get even more complicated if Chelsea reach the Fa cup final and the Europa league final as the europa league final is in the midweek of GW37 so Chelsea wont be able to refix their GW 37 game for the midweek.
    Potentially giving Chelsea a blank GW37 and two double GWs or even a triple GW.
    Gw 36 may4
    midweek games may 7/8
    GW 37 May 12 Fa cup final is May 11
    may15 league games cancelled because of fa cup final and europa league final.

My aim for gw 36 is to play 352 with bale michu mata hazard maloney aguero suarez being my front 7. With this in mind I brought in anichebe 4.3 this week for my cheap attacking option to free up funds to get michu and bale in over the next two weeks.
    I reckon for me the best scenario is for chelsea to beat city in the semi and also reach the europa league final.

I agree with you that the games in and around GW36 could be even more important but there is simply too much up in the air right now, as you have clearly shown with this great post.

I will enter GW33 with hopefully 1 Chelsea, 2 Wigan, 1 City (possibly 2) and 1 from either Spurs/Wigan. Once we see some settling of dates, I can begin planning transfers for GW34-36. Bale, Michu and Aguero/Tevez are almost certainties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I think it makes sense to stock up on Wigan/Spurs players first.

I've benched Bale and Michu this week who are probably two of the most likely key performers, and have held on to Zabaleta. All three of these should play both games in 36. I'll see closer to the time whether I'll get Hazard/Mata/Silva in, but with CL chasing Arsenal playing QPR who will likely be relegated by then, I don't think I'll be dumping Cazorla at a 4 point hit to get in one of them. More likely I'll have upgraded Sissoko by that stage. All depends on Chelsea and City's fixture lists. Most likely transfers would be

Lambert -> Kone
    Baines -> Azpil
    Evra -> Vertonghen
    Sissoko -> Hazard/Mata
    Federici -> Robles

2 Wigan, 2 Spurs, 2 Chelsea, 1 Swansea, 1 City,

This would give me 8 DGWer's, with two points hits between now and then. Could possibly do Suarez -> Aguero/Tevez too, will see closer to the time. I'm wary that City have absolutely nothing to play for. They will finish 2nd regardless of how they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

My aim for gw 36 is to play 352

I think 3-5-2 sounds very good at the minute. A lot of options to get in some heavy weights in midfield for that week: Michu, Bale, Silva, Mata, Hazard to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah I think it makes sense to stock up on Wigan/Spurs players first.

. I'm wary that City have absolutely nothing to play for. They will finish 2nd regardless of how they play.
    I agree the most important teams as things stand.

Its a shame they have nothing to play for as after spurs they have unbelievable fixtures .GW35 West ham h GW36 wba h swansea A GW37 reading a GW38 Norwich H.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Great info and thoughts as usual guys

• Advertisement

Fa cup final city v wigan may 11. Will mean reading v city and arsenal v wigan gw 37 will be moved to more than likely the midweek of gw 37. Wont really affect wigan as they are in a relegation battle but with city assured of 2nd spot you would imagine mancini will rotate his squad if they have a double in gw 36 (4 days before cup final) and again for the refixed reading game a few days after the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i think i'll get rid of evra after the villa game if united have the league sealed, their next game would be arsenal away then chelsea at home, low chance of cs in either, and for their last 2 against swansea and west brom, I would expect buttner to start at least 1 if the league is clinched.
    I'll still have DDG as united defensive cover.

Will be looking to bring in vertonghen or else possibly just go with the cheaper dawson option and put the extra money into midfield. all will become a little clearer once these games are confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

City and WBA double gameweek confirmed by PL today .

So what way are the GW's looking? Who will have DGW's and when. Probably best to keep it all in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

roryc wrote: »
    So what way are the GW's looking? Who will have DGW's and when. Probably best to keep it all in this thread.

Chelsea Vs Swansea is reset for April 28 GW 35 SGW

City Vs West Brom on May 7 GW 36 DGW

Wigan Vs Arsenal on May 14 GW 37 SGW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

only just realised that dawson dropped from 4.6 to 4.4 with spurs having no fixture for this gw. while i'd obviously prefer vertonghen for the dgw the extra 2.2 could be the difference between mata for fellaini in midfield.

i think i'll do sagna to dawson (maybe leave it til after spurs play city), after they play everton tonight only 2 of arsenal's last 5 games are at home and 1 of those 2 is against man united.

Invincible wrote: »
    Chelsea Vs Swansea is reset for April 28 GW 35 SGW

City Vs West Brom on May 7 GW 36 DGW

Wigan Vs Arsenal on May 14 GW 37 SGW
    I think these were just change of date & time no change in what gameweek they're in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Jax Teller wrote: »
    I think these were just change of date & time no change in what gameweek they're in .

That's correct, just moved because of other games, City Vs Reading was down for May 12,(now May 14 @ 8 pm), but FA Cup Final is on previous day.

FIXTURE CHANGE Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur will take place on Wednesday 8 May at 1945 BST #CHETOT Gw36

Chelsea's fixtures don't look promising that week but Tottenham's do. I'll be making this transfer after GW34.

Evra -> Vertonghen

And this double after GW35:

Lambert -> Kone
    Federici -> Robles

Any other transfers will cost me points so I'll need to think carefully. Arsenal are away at QPR so Walcott/Santi could easily outscore Mata/Hazard. Also, with City's fixture congestion it might be a bad move to take a points hit for Tevez/Aguero.

With the above transfers I'll have 6 DGW's for 36, at no points hit - Robles, Vertonghen, Michu, Bale, Zabaleta and Kone. I'll probably look at Lampard for Fellaini, and might consider Dawson for Harte.

Finally a solid picture for the end of season.

Chelsea and City will use their full squads for the DGW. My advice would be to wait until GW36 to get any City targets in. Hart will start both games and Pantimillion (sic) will play the Cup final. I'm looking mainly at defensive picks from both teams right now. I cannot trust any Chelsea midfield player to start both. I am eyeing up Demba Ba though. Cup tied in EL so should play the Premier League.

If Wigan aren't safe by GW36, expect them to field a full strength team for both games. Cup is secondary to survival.

Spurs are my main target for investment. Bale, Vertonghen and possibly a third player if they are still fighting for a Champions League spot.

Swansea Michu.

WBA I'm mulling over bringing in Lukaku this gameweek in addition to Michu. Not really looking at anyone else right now.

Right now, I have 2 City (Nastasic, Yaya) and 2 Wigan (Robles, Maloney). I'm hoping to add Michu and Lukaku this gameweek for a 4 point hit (both have very favourable fixtures and I think they will pay that back). In GW35, I may take up to an 8 point hit to bring in Bale, Vertonghen (Wigan away)and Ba (Swansea home). Again, the 8 point hit could easily be covered.

Finally, gw36, I'll make a decision on bringing in another 1 or 2 players, possibly Kone, a Chelsea defender or Joe Hart. Not sure yet.

So basically, the plan is to take hits for dgw players who have excellent fixtures the week I bring them in. Should have 10 DGW players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Good post Futureguy, I'd be in agreement with almost all of that, this current gameweek could turn me off taking big hits though. Would Aguero not be likely to play both games though, he wasn't really rested before his injury and will want to be involved as much as possible till the end of the season, what do ye think? He's got some form now and will want to hold onto it, I'd love to think Ba will play every game as he's also showing a bit of form but I can't see it to be honest.

2 posts up it says that Futureguy edited roryc's post, what's the story with that, is it something mod's can do.

2 posts up it says that Futureguy edited roryc's post, what's the story with that, is it something mod's can do.

All the bad posts that I have ever made have actually been Futureguy.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Finally a solid picture for the end of season.

Chelsea and City will use their full squads for the DGW. My advice would be to wait until GW36 to get any City targets in. Hart will start both games and Pantimillion (sic) will play the Cup final. I'm looking mainly at defensive picks from both teams right now. I cannot trust any Chelsea midfield player to start both. I am eyeing up Demba Ba though. Cup tied in EL so should play the Premier League.

If Wigan aren't safe by GW36, expect them to field a full strength team for both games. Cup is secondary to survival.

Spurs are my main target for investment. Bale, Vertonghen and possibly a third player if they are still fighting for a Champions League spot.

Swansea Michu.

WBA I'm mulling over bringing in Lukaku this gameweek in addition to Michu. Not really looking at anyone else right now.

Right now, I have 2 City (Nastasic, Yaya) and 2 Wigan (Robles, Maloney). I'm hoping to add Michu and Lukaku this gameweek for a 4 point hit (both have very favourable fixtures and I think they will pay that back). In GW35, I may take up to an 8 point hit to bring in Bale, Vertonghen (Wigan away)and Ba (Swansea home). Again, the 8 point hit could easily be covered.

Finally, gw36, I'll make a decision on bringing in another 1 or 2 players, possibly Kone, a Chelsea defender or Joe Hart. Not sure yet.

So basically, the plan is to take hits for dgw players who have excellent fixtures the week I bring them in. Should have 10 DGW players.
    I agree with most of that Hart is a good shout. I still think Ba will only start the one game as torres will start v basle ba v utd and then more than likely torres v spurs. A torres or ba 1 week injury or 2 game suspension would be nice. Dzeko could be worth a punt he should start the 2nd of citys double games and then gw37 away to reading 3 days after the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Hart is about the only City player I would consider. They aren't going to catch Utd and 2nd place is fairly secure so Mancini will need to win the Cup to keep the owners happy. I think he might stick with Pantilimon in goal for the final (to make it a good news story) so Hart could be a cert for both games in the DGW. Beyond that I wouldn't touch any City player. Can't see any of the main ones playing both games so it will eliminate the benefit of the DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This forum falls under the games category and FG is overall mod of games which gives him sooper-dooper powers over the entire games fora. He also has absolute power over Mr Moon and can force to make the tea etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    This forum falls under the games category and FG is overall mod of games which gives him sooper-dooper powers over the entire games fora. He also has absolute power over Mr Moon and can force to make the tea etc

He has even forced RoryC to take a points hit this year,that's when his power became unstoppable...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

With great power comes great responsibility!

Good post Futureguy, I'd be in agreement with almost all of that, this current gameweek could turn me off taking big hits though. Would Aguero not be likely to play both games though, he wasn't really rested before his injury and will want to be involved as much as possible till the end of the season, what do ye think? He's got some form now and will want to hold onto it, I'd love to think Ba will play every game as he's also showing a bit of form but I can't see it to be honest.

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't actually edit anything. I'm now a Category Moderator for all of the games section, including FSA, and I clicked the wrong button. Meant to hit "quote".

The powers that be saw Rory taking point hits and therefore felt I must have some superpowers.

Mr. Moon has full control of this forum. The only forum I mod is the XBOX thread. In fact, it's me that should be making him the tea :)

Looking at citys fixtures after spurs I think Im going to have to get aguero in. Even taking into account the fact he more than likely wont play one of the dgw games and could even be on the bench for gw 37 at reading(worst case scenario) Id still expect him to score big over the remaining games.

Looking at citys fixtures after spurs I think Im going to have to get aguero in. Even taking into account the fact he more than likely wont play one of the dgw games and could even be on the bench for gw 37 at reading(worst case scenario) Id still expect him to score big over the remaining games.

Have really looked at RVP - Aguero aswell once title over. Mancini just wrecks my head too much though so will probably chicken out and go boring and get Joe Hart (yawn)

moreau wrote: »
    Have really looked at RVP - Aguero aswell once title over. Mancini just wrecks my head too much though so will probably chicken out and go boring and get Joe Hart (yawn)
    Thats what it will boil down to who to take out for aguero - rvp or suarez. I plan to captain aguero Gw 35 home to west ham and Gw 38 home to Norwich if he plays the two games in the double its a bonus.

God Dawson really is dirt cheap at 4.4m

Any spurs fans out there? Can we assume he will be a regular for rest of the season?

He has started every game since Jan, but there is a lot of competition for places in that Spurs defense...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I just brought in Lukaku so I now have 6 DGWers for GW36 and counting.

Will probably bring in Maloney, Bale and Vertonghen for Osman, Cazorla and Sagna.

• Advertisement

moreau wrote: »
    God Dawson really is dirt cheap at 4.4m

Any spurs fans out there? Can we assume he will be a regular for rest of the season?

He has started every game since Jan, but there is a lot of competition for places in that Spurs defense...

Spurs fan here, it's fairly safe to assume he will start every game unless he gets injured or needs resting.

Ormus wrote: »
    I just brought in Lukaku so I now have 6 DGWers for GW36 and counting.

Will probably bring in Maloney, Bale and Vertonghen for Osman, Cazorla and Sagna.

Yep Lukaku for me too, but am waiting till Friday for team news. I do not undertsand why he is not playing every second for WBA.

Yep Lukaku for me too, but am waiting till Friday for team news. I do not undertsand why he is not playing every second for WBA.

Yeah it's a concern but I'm not sure the team news will say whether he gets rested or not, usually only deals with injuries and suspensions. Maybe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Re: RVP, do people not think that United will be going all out to get him the golden boot? Given the history between Utd and Suarez, I would of thought it would give Fergie a lot of satisfaction to prevent Suarez having that award?

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Re: RVP, do people not think that United will be going all out to get him the golden boot? Given the history between Utd and Suarez, I would of thought it would give Fergie a lot of satisfaction to prevent Suarez having that award?

I woulda thought Fergie barely knows what the golden boot is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

In fairness to Clarke, I'd imagine he realises he's not going to get keeping Lukaku so he needs to continue to develop and play the strikers he'll definitely have next season rather than a loan signing.

West Brom are safe now and have been a while. If they were struggling for points and the situation dictated it, I think we'd see Lukaku start every game but not in the present pressure free environment at the Hawthorns.

• Advertisement

I woulda thought Fergie barely knows what the golden boot is.

I'd disagree. I would of thought Fergie would want his players to win everything they can.

I even remember him mentioning Van der Saar winning the Golden Glove or whatever it's called one year.

Lemlin wrote: »
    In fairness to Clarke, I'd imagine he realises he's not going to get keeping Lukaku so he needs to continue to develop and play the strikers he'll definitely have next season rather than a loan signing.

West Brom are safe now and have been a while. If they were struggling for points and the situation dictated it, I think we'd see Lukaku start every game but not in the present pressure free environment at the Hawthorns.

I'd say he'd still prefer him to Odemwingie!

He might give Long more gametime.

I'd disagree. I would of thought Fergie would want his players to win everything they can.

I even remember him mentioning Van der Saar winning the Golden Glove or whatever it's called one year.

Really? Ok maybe you're right, I woulda thought Fergie would stick his nose up at awards which value a player over the team.

I remember John Aldridge having a bust up with Kenny Dalglish back in the day over the golden boot making him selfish.

Really? Ok maybe you're right, I woulda thought Fergie would stick his nose up at awards which value a player over the team.

I remember John Aldridge having a bust up with Kenny Dalglish back in the day over the golden boot making him selfish.

I'd imagine he'd have a problem if it became an issue on the pitch but they signed RVP to score goals and he's been assisting more of late so I don't see it as an issue here.

I think a couple of years back he mentioned letting Berba play the last game too as it was down to him vs Drogba for the Golden boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Whats teams are actually confirmed for dgws and what week are they in.

• Advertisement

Whats teams are actually confirmed for dgws and what week are they in.

there are 6 teams with a dgw their fixtures are on the first post of this thread all confirmed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Well Berbatov was one of the worst DGW signings ever with a miserable 4 points. Going get shot of him straight away, who'd be a better option with GW36 in mind, Kone, Ba or Lukaku?

PWEI wrote: »
    Well Berbatov was one of the worst DGW signings ever with a miserable 4 points. Going get shot of him straight away, who'd be a better option with GW36 in mind, Kone, Ba or Lukaku?

tevez maybe

Aguero off again last night with a hamstring injury. I expected him to be top scorer this year but he hasn't got going at all.

Aguero off again last night with a hamstring injury. I expected him to be top scorer this year but he hasn't got going at all.
    Would have thought the same he has had a real stop start season. I think Ill get in tevez next wk rather than aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Shame about Aguero, my plan was to bring him in for RVP if United secure the league early.
    Does anyone know if there's any news on Bale returning for the City game?

Shame about Aguero, my plan was to bring him in for RVP if United secure the league early.
    Does anyone know if there's any news on Bale returning for the City game?

He's unlikely to start against City, hasn't resumed full training yet, a decision will be made closer to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

With Aguero general poor form and current fitness question mark, I'm thinking of doing Suarez to Tevez. Would free up a lot of funds for other transfers for the DGW. City have a nice run in, my only worry would be motivation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Id imagine RVP will try and beat Suarez to the Golden Boot, so enough motivation to keep scoring!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Grid. wrote: »
    Id imagine RVP will try and beat Suarez to the Golden Boot, so enough motivation to keep scoring!;)

He's two goals in two games now too! :P It could be the start of his second wind!

• Advertisement
Advertisement